Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Shark Tank

Blog Entries

Featured Sponsor

Missed it also, congrats to Byron for the sell job!
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Florida in the winter Canada in the summer.

You looked good Byron. Nice demonstration.

3. Default

“He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Im waiting for the full episode....Byron how long did you soak thems crimpers in water before using it on the show.The demo broke my back watching you strain while squeezing .

Default crimpers

The first time I saw those crimpers was the morning of the shoot. They were provided, along with the wire and connectors, by a friend of Mark Melni's. I did do one test crimp that morning to make sure it worked but when we were on the show, for whatever reason, the crimp was a lot harder than earlier that day.

It flashed on me for a second that I might not be able to get the handles together so I was really bearing down on those suckers. Luckily, I didn't poop myself or pass out so, it came out good for the demonstration.

Quote Originally Posted by lineman View Post
    The first time I saw those crimpers was the morning of the shoot. They were provided, along with the wire and connectors, by a friend of Mark Melni's. I did do one test crimp that morning to make sure it worked but when we were on the show, for whatever reason, the crimp was a lot harder than earlier that day.

It flashed on me for a second that I might not be able to get the handles together so I was really bearing down on those suckers. Luckily, I didn't poop myself or pass out so, it came out good for the demonstration.
    We are glad you didnt poop on the show too....that would have been a bye bye to $500,000 green backs .....plus Mark Cuban would have pinched his nose

Default uDID IT

bYRON Byron byron.....U be da man.....those two wouldnt have stood a chance without you.Hell they.......... like owe you,from what I saw.Even the Sharks said it......So here it is the FULL EPISODE ........ONCE AGAIN ..CONGRADS and we will see how it goes in a couple of years.You do know $500,000 is play money to those guys,if they wind up losing,they wont even notice it..............https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJLNdjoUnYY

Blog Entries

Excellent demo Byron! No way Cuban was in without you there. That being said, while I agree that the connector is fast and simple, at $39.95 each for that size, I don't see the utility industry as a whole investing 40 bucks a pop when the cost of traditional splices is prolly less than a 3rd of the Melni.

Now to the press, if I was using that press, I'd want the Melni too!! Many of us use small hand held battery presses and the time it takes to crimp the whole sleeve is minimal. I hope for your sake and that of Melni that I'm wrong........ But with the current trend to do everything for less with less in the IOU industry my concern would be how to convince a large utility they're going to save money.

btw, I like how you kept your cool. Melni's CFO looked like a deer in the head lights when you all were told that the valuation of the co was way over what they would value it at.

if you weren't there, Melni was dead in the water!! Nice job Byron Dunn!!
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Not to mention that the cost of those battery operated crimpers is also way high and to out fit an entire shop with one per crew would be super spensive

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Not to mention that the cost of those battery operated crimpers is also way high and to out fit an entire shop with one per crew would be super spensive
    At $40.00 per Melini, it would only take 100 connections to make up the difference between a hand held battery crimper and the cost of those connectors. I like how they operate but the cost will be a hurdle. I wonder under load how the plastic covering will stand up to heat and if it is compromised would the connection suffer. Byron, you did sell it though. Good job.