Default Does anyone do it this way

Featured Sponsor

We only use H-type connectors on overhead and would have buried a service encloure there and used an insulated multi hole connector, nothing but the temp board service would be direct buried, all our stuff would be in conduit in subdivisions that are 20 or so years old any older than that our stuff would be direct buried. Red tag the job, that was pretty good. If I had to use H-type connectors I would have a one shot tool with all but about a foot to 18 inches of the handles sawed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Lineman North Florida View Post
    We only use H-type connectors on overhead and would have buried a service encloure there and used an insulated multi hole connector, nothing but the temp board service would be direct buried, all our stuff would be in conduit in subdivisions that are 20 or so years old any older than that our stuff would be direct buried. Red tag the job, that was pretty good. If I had to use H-type connectors I would have a one shot tool with all but about a foot to 18 inches of the handles sawed off.
    Im with ya,even a temp service,the wires would have to run to a transformer,pedestal,hand hole.....and yea a multi hole connector/mold head........sir this will be a turn down cause I cant get my squeeze to fit in the hole....didnt see how much slack was there but couldnt he possibly turn the squeeze tool vertical?

Blog Entries

I agree with LNF, it would feed from a sec. Enclosure from a 6 or 8 way mole. We use H crimps in the air, not URD, he only used "Scotch" tape on the crimp, I wonder how long that would last direct buried in the Puget Sound wet and soggy north west.... It sure wouldn't last in Jersey! Looks like methods and construction we used 40 years ago when we first started doing URD, seems behind the times. Seems likely they use whatever the company gives the crews to work with but there are much better ways to do it. When they do a disconnect on the temp, I guess they dig it up and cut it. I'd rather disconnect in an enclosure..... I'm also wondering why he did it hot......
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Featured Sponsorr

We would be making the live connection at the transformer or in a rare case at a pedestal. As far as sleeving on the new wire, we would be using a compression sleeve and battery press and then covering with a waterproof shrink.