Thread: Is It Possible

Default Is It Possible

Featured Sponsor

Watch the video and tell me what you think happened.....could have been wired wrong....yea,but I really dont think so.....is it possible that they replaced a 120/240 volt transformer with a 277/480 volt transformer......I think so.....cause I have heard of crews doing that...........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLFpsJbFeT8

Gotta test before you put load on. We've had new transformers that were supposed to put out 120/240 that were putting out 160/320. Actually had one stay on line for a few hours before someone called and it didn't destroy anything luckily. I didn't do it, but I've been guilty of it and got away with it.

Tap changer could have been wrong or maybe wye two primary bushing hooked up to delta or it just could be wrong from the factory.

Ive seen the store room guys bring out the wrong transformer and know of lineman that did that too......in both cases they didnt look at the nameplate.

Custer's Last Stand, St. Louis City, Missouri, USA

Featured Sponsorr

On the customer side of service it's known as "letting the smoke out" The factory gives you smoke for free, just a matter of time before you let it out Here at the Airport, (a multi million dollar operation inside of 5000 acres) it happens here too