Thread: Storm Chaser

1. Default Storm Chaser

Featured Sponsor

Guys,

I am a groundman on the ALBAT list at #9 for the Lineman Apprenticeship out of local 1393 in Indiana. I hope to be called up by year's end. Currently working for an underground crew in South Bend, IN as a groundman/truck driver.

After entering into my apprenticeship, how do I get on with a storm chasing crew? Is that possible as an apprentice or would I have to wait until I am a journeyman?

Any advice/info is much appreciated!

Default Get the Training

The apprenticeship will put you where you need the training during the course of your apprenticeship. Repairing storm damage is only one aspect of Linework. Good Luck
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    The apprenticeship will put you where you need the training during the course of your apprenticeship. Repairing storm damage is only one aspect of Linework. Good Luck
    Makes sense, I guess my questions is more relevant to after I become a journeyman. How would I go about getting in with an outfit that chases storms? Is there a "list", word of mouth, networking, etc.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by jmaxwell9 View Post
    Makes sense, I guess my questions is more relevant to after I become a journeyman. How would I go about getting in with an outfit that chases storms? Is there a "list", word of mouth, networking, etc.
    Most of the big companies jump on the storms. I'm not aware of any outfit that only chases storms. Not in the northeast anyway.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."