Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Laid off

Featured Sponsor

I do not know what they called it but what you are saying sounds like it. I got the settlement cheque today and both of us are supposed to be first hired when they need Journeyman again. I don't think that will be long, I heard they fired 3 fellas the other day. No I do not know the details yet.

Blog Entries

Excellent Rob, nice job by the local too!
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks Labor. The BA had said they had never had a grievance along these lines. The bottom line is , even though seniority means very little , at least white card members count ahead of yellow card members. Since I have been a member for over 20 years I only felt it was right to have some kind of seniority over probationary members. Not to mention the dip**** at that company needed to be fought and beaten. Not that I really want to go back to work for them , I would like to go just to show the younger fellas that the company can be fought and beaten. The manager is trying to take the gains made by the union effort back about 50 years. Most of the young fellas are too scared to stand up for what's right for fear of getting fired.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rob8210 View Post
    Thanks Labor. The BA had said they had never had a grievance along these lines. The bottom line is , even though seniority means very little , at least white card members count ahead of yellow card members. Since I have been a member for over 20 years I only felt it was right to have some kind of seniority over probationary members. Not to mention the dip**** at that company needed to be fought and beaten. Not that I really want to go back to work for them , I would like to go just to show the younger fellas that the company can be fought and beaten. The manager is trying to take the gains made by the union effort back about 50 years. Most of the young fellas are too scared to stand up for what's right for fear of getting fired.
    Sounds like the manage needs a lesson in "Work to rule"
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Featured Sponsorr

Yes, Labor , that is exactly what they need. While I was there I tried to organize such a thing , but too many of the younger fellas are afraid of getting fired. If I end up going back , it will show the young fellas that the company can be beaten. It would be perfect if I could talk the union into sending me back as a shop steward. Then I would get right back on the joint health and safety committee. That would give me some tools to bring about change.