Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Featured Sponsor

there are many ways of starting out. there is hiring on as a goundman out of the local union hall and gather some experiance, or going through a trade school, such as a pre- apprenticeship training lineman school. both of these will give you the experiance and knowledge to score high on the interview process for an apprenticeship.you can go to web sites to find what is near you. The halls near me are IBEW locals 532 and 44 and 768 for montana and we have a school at MT Tech in Butte Mt and the apprenticeship here is Mountain States Constructors JATC.

2. Default which states has more apprentice openings

hey everyone,

can somebody please give me the top 5 states in usa with many openings for lineman apprentices: thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mtn lineman View Post
    there are many ways of starting out. there is hiring on as a goundman out of the local union hall and gather some experiance, or going through a trade school, such as a pre- apprenticeship training lineman school. both of these will give you the experiance and knowledge to score high on the interview process for an apprenticeship.you can go to web sites to find what is near you. The halls near me are IBEW locals 532 and 44 and 768 for montana and we have a school at MT Tech in Butte Mt and the apprenticeship here is Mountain States Constructors JATC.

Default JCR Line construction NH

Hey i was thinking of applying to JCR Line construction here in NH after sltc has anyone heard anything bad or good about this company? a guy from psnh told me they were pretty safe but just looking for some input?

4. Default pre apprentice programs

hello guys; i am thinking of getting into the linman career, can anybody recomment this pre apprentice program for me or has any idea if it is a good one.http://www.eiti.us

5. Default

I have herd that a new Line College is going to be opening that is supported by the IBEW www.globalpowerlineacademy.com I think this is the only one supported by the IBEW but don't quote me on it.

6. Default

I'm 24 and live in northwest Ga and I have a wife and young baby so I can't relocate right now to go to an njatc. Ideally I would like to get on at somewhere like Ga power. With a young family I don't want to do a lot of traveling. Any suggestions on what I should do to get into the trade?

7. Angry No jobs in Oklahoma

I graduated in 2009 (3rd in my class)from accredited lineman school in Oklahoma and I still haven't found a permanent job in this state. The only jobs I have found have been temporary jobs with contractors.

8. Default UK Overhead Linesman seeking information

I am an Overhead Linesman (Transmission) in the UK, although from what i am aware, in the US the role is know as 'Journeyman'? Is it possible to gain work easily in the US with my experience or would i have to do courses, school, college etc? I have worked on the lines for 5 years now, starting as a trainee, working through the grades of improver, LE2 & now LE1. I have refurbished lines of 275Kv & 400Kv.

All information received would be grateful.

Default Apprentice looking for another apprenticeship

Hey brothers! Looking to start another apprenticeship. The company I work for is laying me off. I have been an apprentice for a year with 6 months basic skills and 6 months low voltage. So far all I have heard is the Texas will hire me right away. Not sure if its true but if it is then does any one know where? I plan on staying union too. Honestly I will travel anywhere where I can either start new or pick up where I left off. Plus I dont wanna be off my hooks for too long. I might get too comfortable!HAHA! Any help is appreciated! Thanks

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

I saw this a couple days ago

Hot off the Press! Apprentices Needed!!!!!!!!! Serving Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas and Kansas. Looking for a rewarding career with excellent pay and benefits??? Here you go! They have open calls for apprentices!!!!

SOUTHWESTERN LINE AJATC

3813 ACADEMY PARKWAY SOUTH, NE
    ALBUQUERQUE, NM 87109
    www.swlcat.org

Phone: (505)222-5070
    Fax: (505)222-5071