Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Is there any outside work anywhere

Featured Sponsor

Is the east coast going to break open or anywhere else it is very slow out here
    IF YOU AIN'T IN YOUR TOOLS DON'T CHANGE THE RULES...BOYCOTT THE BUCKSQEEZE

2. Default

rumor is by the end of the month work should start breaking up in the north east. from what i have heard is when mj starts going they will be working 7 12s some where in the north east

Cool Road Trash

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]Well lots of rumors but what i do know is the Bonniville work out of 125 and 77 from John Day north was awarded to WILSON, WORK OUT OF 57 IS HELD UP ON steel,work out of 449 probally dispatched out of 57 Libbey mt into Idaho is a Michels deal which should break this month along with the work out of 317 WV should break soon also.Hang on to your shorts this work will break in succession and we will be able to work what and where we want and have a big hammer agian as we did in the 80`s ans 90`s.Stay true to your I.B.E.W and for gods sake take care of our a.p`s.
    I.B.E.W Road Trash

Are there any tramps in this place ?

Default Power grid

PSE&G is hiring for a big project in NJ. The National Power Grid is approved for a job in Syracuse NY.

Default Work in Illinois

There is work in Illiniois at least the southern parts. Check with 309 or 702. I know there is a couple of new highlines going up they say 18 months on one and I aint heard on the other. Local 2 in MO also has quite a bit of work. If you lookin for just the day to day work there is plenty of that going on out of 309 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by weasle View Post
    There is work in Illiniois at least the southern parts. Check with 309 or 702. I know there is a couple of new highlines going up they say 18 months on one and I aint heard on the other. Local 2 in MO also has quite a bit of work. If you lookin for just the day to day work there is plenty of that going on out of 309 as well.
    Is there work in 309? They keep telling me that it is real slow. I have been #12 on thier ALBAT list for over a year. And have been on their groundman books for a while too.

Default book 2

Quote Originally Posted by weasle View Post
    How long do you think it would take to clear book 2 out there
    IF YOU AIN'T IN YOUR TOOLS DON'T CHANGE THE RULES...BOYCOTT THE BUCKSQEEZE

Quote Originally Posted by west coast hand View Post
    How long do you think it would take to clear book 2 out there
    Drove up there three weeks ago to sign the books and was in the 80's on book 2. Good luck

Hey bro, you may wanna check with Local 175 in Chattanooga. Marable Pirkle has a contract with a co-op there and is also working somewhere there in north georgia also. I have several close friends who are working on that contract. There is also some high line work going on in Virginia....A good friend out of Local 70 is on that contract now. I can tell you that it is low scale work with no per diem, but it is work....I will see what I can do to get you some numbers! Other than that, I havent heard of anything on the east coast.....I could probably count over 100 hands that I know who have not worked in quite some time.

Default c span 2 had a lot of info

Featured Sponsorr

Watched a committee hearing on Transmission corridors and the need for more. Eastern and Midwest reps said they had a lot going on, and there were going to be a lot of projects getting off the ground. The western states said there were a lot of hoops to jump through, greenies, lawyers and such. Obama put out a lot of money for the green initiatives to build transmission to tap on hydro, windmills and such. But the federal permitting to go through federal lands takes at two to ten years. A lot of the federal land is in the Western states. Funny- federal money to build transmission, but federal bureaucrats in the way you can't get anything off the ground.