Default Entering the job market.

Featured Sponsor

Hello Fellow Linehands,
    After 22 years working for Sacramento Municipal Utility District in Sacramento California I am leaving this September and entering the job market at probably the worst time in many years. I'll be looking for another job so if you have heard of any let me know. Yes I have checked the jobs listing and have applied at LADWP and a couple other places on the west coast where I'd like to stay. Thanks for any info, Snake.

Were you that big time rodeo hand from SMUD?

Default How about overseas work?

Greek utility PPC to hire 4,600 workers in 2009-10
    Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:00am
    ATHENS, June 16 (Reuters) - Greece's biggest electricity producer Public Power Corp (PPC) (DEHr.AT) is to hire 4,600 workers after its labour union threatened strikes if no new hirings were made.

State-controlled PPC said in a statement on Monday it would hire the new staff by the end of next year.

Public Power's labour union said on June 9 it would go on strike next month to press for 7,000 new staff to reduce the strain on current employees and cut accidents.

Labour union officials were not available for comment.

The 4,600 hirings include about 2,300 jobs that have been already advertised but not filled yet, according to PPC's statement. PPC has about 24,000 full-time employees.

PPC said it was sticking to a target of 2.2 billion euros ($3.05 billion) of cost savings under its 2009-2014 business plan. ($1 = 0.7203 euro)

4. Default

With a handel like "Snake" from smud you got to know we will know ya. Why ya taking to the street now??

Default smud what a joke

No wonder he is hitting the street smud is a s&%tty company to work for had a few buddys go to work there and they did not last long they HATED it just remember its not the smud way out here on the outside if thats where you choose to go.I live right by sacramento and never in a million years would I ever work for smud oh ya and i remember at a rodeo one time jim clamp told me once you a smud lineman you can go anywhere when ever you want every one wants a smud lineman i thought i was going to puke what a joke!!!!!!sorry guys but I really hate smud and most of there hands aswell
    Last edited by west coast hand; 06-24-2009 at 08:47 PM.
    IF YOU AIN'T IN YOUR TOOLS DON'T CHANGE THE RULES...BOYCOTT THE BUCKSQEEZE

man good thing i didnt apply there. Pge division is ok but all the good yards are filled up and it doesnt look like there will be any openings any time soon. Gc is a buncha scab metalitys. The uppers are really tryin to railroad the company. im on my way outa there to. lookin at a lot of small coops and puds, where when we have an issue i can let the desision maker know how i feel about his desisions. good luck in the search. oh yah nvenergy is not looking to good either.
    Lineman, not a rat stupid

I remember the website, snakeman.com or something like that, he was one that loved to battle Georgia Power i believe...
    HAPPY HOUR is the HOUR AFTER EVERYONE from HAPPY HOUR has LEFT.

Default work

Call T.Warner, I'm sure you know him, heard he had work??? E.S.

SNAKE!!!

you may have escaped from New York... you may have survived Cincinnati...but you will DIE in LA!!!

some one had to say it... roflmao....

good luck in you decisions...

Edge

Default t.warner

Featured Sponsorr

t.warner i know him wheres he got work
    IF YOU AIN'T IN YOUR TOOLS DON'T CHANGE THE RULES...BOYCOTT THE BUCKSQEEZE