Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    dog38 Guest

Default reply to dbrown

Featured Sponsor

Was that pad installed on our property. It seems like we have one of everything here.

dbrown20 Guest

Default Floating Primary Neutrals

I have never worked where it was legit to ground the primary neutral on a 3 pot Wye/Delta bank. I have seen it done but it is considered to be the wrong way. dbrown20

dbrown20 Guest

Default Floating Primary Neutrals

I have never worked where it was legit to ground the primary neutral on a 3 pot Wye/Delta bank. I have seen it done but it is considered to be the wrong way.

Grounding the high side of a 3 pot bank, hooked Wye/Delta can cause this bank to act as a grounding bank as all imbalance in the vicinity will travel through the bank and all faults and lightening strikes in the area will go through it also subjecting it to a greater likilhood of damage. Ever transf. book I have read mentions this always. dbrown20

Ryan Guest

Hey Dbrown remember when you and topgroove got all high and mighty on me, well this thread is what I was wondering about.

dbrown20 Guest

Default Ryan

Noone got high and mighty with you. You just insisted on asking inane questions after it was repeatedly explained to you in great detail how to connect a bank. This current subject is not about how to hook one up, but actually some of the operating characteristics of such a bank. I still find it hard to believe that you work in this industry. If you will display your background in the bio. section maybe we won't be hard on you. dbrown20

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    Hey Dbrown remember when you and topgroove got all high and mighty on me, well this thread is what I was wondering about.
    Hey... I'm not the one who got all high and mighty. I was the first one to post a reply to your original post. I truly tried to help.

Default Uncommon hookups were not the subject, or did I missunderstand??

Quote Originally Posted by dbrown20
    Yes a hookup with a Wye secondary is possible. It is possible to use 2 transformers for example in a 3 phase 208 or to use 3 transformers for a 3 phase 208. Either hookup can be made in a Wye with only 2 primary phases and the system neutral. Very uncommon but actually have the 3 pot example in the area where I now work. The 2 pot hookup must have one pot with external secondary bushings. We talked about this once before several years ago. dbrown20

[B]I have to stand corrected, I guess. I thought I was answering an inquiry to an apprentice lineman about open as opposed to closed delta banks. I was trying hard not to confuse more someone already confused.

To fio1024, it is not common, nor practical from your point of view to try and get a 4 wire 3 phase connection on the secondary side with 2 transformers. Use 3 transformers in your Wye secondary connections.
    Have Trampbag, Will Travel

Everyone who comes here brings a little joy.

Some when they come in. Others when they leave.

dbrown20 Guest

Default Tangent

Ah, these things always get off on a tangent. dbrown20

Unhappy

You hurt my little feelings.
    Have Trampbag, Will Travel

Everyone who comes here brings a little joy.

Some when they come in. Others when they leave.

Cool

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Trampbag
    You hurt my little feelings.
    I'm afraid your gonna have to download this file fill it out and and post the the completed paperwork back on this forum.
    Attached Images Attached Images