Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    friendingeneration Guest

Default pseg/exelon merger...our benefits

Featured Sponsor

looks like unions and our benefits will be dashed by mergers..with a 30 yrs at pseg and pending merger and mitigation of generation we will be out on a limb....no one has any benefit security....WHERE IS THE UNION LEADERSHIP ?

2. Default The Exelon Way

Soon the PSEG employees will suffer from the wrath of "The Exelon Way"

What chance does a union have against a multi, multi-billion dollar corporate monster. They will exhaust all of the union's resources just for fun.

http:www.exelonreporter.com

just say no Guest

same place our union leadership went at fpl the past 4-5 contracts......m.i.a...

4. Default Exelon/PSE&G merger

I've been at PS for only seven years, have no traditional pension, no retirement health insurance, union dues rise constantly (seems to be the only time you hear from them) and management has become an extreme pain in the ass. AND IT'S GONNA GET WORSE??? I should've stayed in college!!
    CAN'T ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME 1 GOOD THING ABOUT EXELON??

liledgy Guest

Default exelon

they match 6% of your pay including overtime at 80 cents on the dollar. The pension blows , in 1994 the union allowed them to base it on your base pay not your gross income. The rest is history forced overtime everyday, some hands had over 2600 OT hours in a year, most are between 1500 and 1800. The co. is getting away with murder, why should they hire lineman and pay another pension and medical when they don,t have to. Oh, by the way I quit last year after 23 years. Making less money on the outside put I have my life back, priceless!

hillbilloutcast70 Guest

Default Its everywhere

Municipalities in Tenn look out Elizabethton Electric System which is owned by the city of Elizabethton has refused to honor union contracts,which we have had since 1945. The state of tennessee says its illegal for municipalities to have contracts with labor unions. The TVA says as long as the money is kept seperate there was nothing they could do. Meanwhile no raises in 3 yrs, in one year health insurance for family has gone from $40.00 a month to $600.00 a month. overtime rates changed. They change our retirement. We got a lawyer. the had to give it back . Now they are going to stop it go to a different one, which will leave a lot of old timers in the cold. All the other muncs. in the state are watching to see what happens so get ready for it, because the state nor the union will do anything to help you.

robnitro Guest

Default Any update about the merger?

Any update about the merger? I am looking to get into PSE&G as an apprentice and wonder if its even worth it with the merger with exelon.

just say no Guest

any young person who wants to become a lineman these days should get there head examined...............

Houston, twenty yrs at HL&P then 3 yrs on the road.

It is all about the Utilities being fleeced by corperate raiders who are preying on healthy Companies that were made fat operating under REGULATION by Public Utilities Comissions and the like... The reason they don't staff up to demand is because they are not in it for the long haul. In order to keep the shell game going as long as possible, they must work the existing lineman till they drop... They are not concerned about employee retention... they are not concerned about the future or the company... They are concerned about keeping the cash flow going until every last penny is milked out of they nations electrical infrastructure... They have had fire sales on generating Units... B.S... They sell the undervalued generators to companies in which they have a stake in... They then turn around and sell the Units for what they are worth pocketing the money stolen from rate payers who over the years were forced thru unility bills to invest into the system. Check the recent sale of Texas Genco spilt off from Houston Lighting & Power / Reliant / Center Point Energy to NRG... In this deal alone four billion dollars was stolen from the citizens of south texas... It is not just generators they are selling... They are liquidating properties and equipment also... This ain't no Bull Shit... CenterPoint has been in off and on secret negotiations to sell some of their Service Center Properties... Because they have high values... and They have to liquidate the properties in order to move the funds off campus... The Bellaire Service Center Chief among them...

..... .. . We have got to start putting pressure on our elected officials... This message must get out to the public before it is too late... The Public does not know this is going on... all they know is they turn on the lights and walla! But if you do the research you will see that outage times are climbing all across the country... California has gone into shock... The rest of the Nation will soon follow... Until America wakes up and smells the coffee... then begins to get grip on this situation... Lineman working for Utilities will be driven til they drop... cause the corperate raiders know the meat and potatoes of this industry are the Lineman... When those boys no longer answer the phone... the gig is up.. A.K.A Enronanomics 101 In order to plug the Dike, they have been putting contractors in IOU Uniforms... It don't cost anything to fill some shoes with a contractor... And when the gig is up... it don't cost anything to get rid of the contractor...
    Last edited by CenterPointEX; 06-23-2006 at 06:41 PM.
    2Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial matters? 3Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! 1Corinthians 6

robnitro Guest

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by just say no
    any young person who wants to become a lineman these days should get there head examined...............
    LOL, I was more looking to get into apprentice substation electrician or apprentice meter tech. The heights thing doesn't scare me, but working up there with that power takes skill AND luck! If it was comm. work, I'd be much less hesitant to climb though.