Thread: Georgia Power

Hybrid View

Default Georgia Power

Looking to move to Georgia. Any infor would help. Does anyone know what the benefits and pay are like. I've applied at Southern Company (Georgia Power). Is this a good company? How do they treat their employees? ETC.

ANYTHING WOULD HELP>

Thanks

2. Wink But Why...?

Gloved One,
    Why would you leave NJ? It isn't the taxes, is it? Or the sea gull sized mosquitoes? $650,000 for a 2 bedroom ranch couldn't be the problem. Or the fact that the state government is being run by the Soprano's. And surely it's not because of anything the company does to it's bread and butter employees, is it? C'mon, spill it.
    p.s.- Just messing with you. I'm actually jeolous. I'd love to leave, but the wife is real close to her family. Good luck wherever you land.

I like the way to tell it. HOw it is. You'd tell someone you make 140,000 or so a year and it's like wow. But you tell them what it cost to live here and then they change there wow to dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. lol. On top of the fact I really don't like the fact that we don't get medical when we retire or my pension is garbage. lol Well don't need to tell you. you already know. I've been looking into many companies and you still can get those good bennnis. Be good and work safe bro.

Default Leaving??

Nj Glove, take heed;

I've always said it before to my fellow pse&g hands (thats...(P)unch-in, (S)leep, (E)at & (G)o-Home by the way for you fellow tradesman) that if you can live here in thee ole beautiful state of NJ (And Cali too for those of you on the west coast) that you can live anyheres else in "between" this great nation of ours. Face it; where in the higest capita of EVERYTHING here, so everywhere has got to be lower.

Good luck brother....
    -Mike

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mscheuerer
    Nj Glove, take heed;

I've always said it before to my fellow pse&g hands (thats...(P)unch-in, (S)leep, (E)at & (G)o-Home by the way for you fellow tradesman) that if you can live here in thee ole beautiful state of NJ (And Cali too for those of you on the west coast) that you can live anyheres else in "between" this great nation of ours. Face it; where in the higest capita of EVERYTHING here, so everywhere has got to be lower.

Good luck brother....
    Mike,
    You're right about that, I've realized that for quite awhile. However, what I recently realized is that I'm selling off years of my life for approx. $110,000 per year. And for what? Thanks to this Exelon merger bullshit, my eyes were opened to the fact that front line workers don't mean shit around here. Now that it didn't happen, the company has been stroking us ever so gently again. Well, I've seen through it now and I don't have the same motivation that I had before. I have a 9 yr old son that I can barely find time for. I cant get these years with him back, nor can I get back the years of my own life that are racing by. I'd love to go somewhere I can slow things down a little and enjoy my time on the rock, and give up being an absentee father because you have to make at least $100,000 a year to live anywhere near comfortable in NJ (*and at 100k, it's not really all that comfortable). I appreciate the talent to earn that God has given me, but there MUST be a better way to live. But again, the wife is real close to her family and I have to respect that. Essentially, my point is that I can make it here, but why do I want to anymore?

p.s.- I know it as (P)ark) (S)leep) (E)at (G)o home.
    Last edited by Dave@PSE&G; 11-06-2006 at 10:12 AM.

It's hard picking up and moving to a new place. but i have to try it out. Don't have kids yet and I know if I do it wouldn't be easy to move. As far as the company being nice to us. I beg to differ. They are installing GPS systems in all our trucks. They even sent out a letter to all the locations saying that at this time it wouldn't be used to dicipline anyone. Bull shit trust me on that. They always cry broke but why waste the money with GPS. All so it was stated in the AP that PSE&G made profits 48% higher or something like that. I'm just tired of all the BS they give us. I'm going to try of find someplace else. Hope the grass is greener on the other side. lol