Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Dave@PSE&G View Post
    LT,
    I am curious about Reddy Kilowatt. Was that a universal character in the trade or was the a PSE&G character? I have seen old company pictures(from the 30's and 40's, I think) of Reddy Kilowatt. Just curious. -- Dave
    Dave, it was an industry thing, I have seen pics from JCP&L from the same era with reddy kilowatt on them. My first issued hardhat with JCP&L had a reddy kilowatt sticker on it way back when.....
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Cool About Reddy Kilowatt

Reddy was created in 1926 by a Ashton Collins of Alabama Power.

He was liscensed to over 200 utilities after that.

In 1998, He was bought by Northern States power company, thus making early Reddy statues, coffee cups, and other stuff highly collectable.

I Have seen, for instance, A Zippo lighter w/Reddy sell for over 200 bucks, and a Fire-King Reddy coffee cup go for over 250.00 !

Old Reddy porcelain over steel signs are worth big bucks if they have a large figure of Reddy.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LINETRASH View Post
    Reddy was created in 1926 by a Ashton Collins of Alabama Power.

He was liscensed to over 200 utilities after that.

In 1998, He was bought by Northern States power company, thus making early Reddy statues, coffee cups, and other stuff highly collectable.

I Have seen, for instance, A Zippo lighter w/Reddy sell for over 200 bucks, and a Fire-King Reddy coffee cup go for over 250.00 !

Old Reddy porcelain over steel signs are worth big bucks if they have a large figure of Reddy.
    LT,
    You're not kidding. I see ads in the company paper every month from a guy trying to collect anything in any condition with Reddy Kilowatt. When you see the words "any condition", you know somethings up. -- Dave

p.s.- Thanks to all you guys who chimed in with the Reddy info.

Quote Originally Posted by zapped74 View Post
    Altec makes die-cast scale models of some of there equipment, I have a material handler in my wifes curio cabinette. It is accurate down to and including orange traffic cones.
    Actually these are made by a company called First Gear. They make a wide variety of die cast models of different types of trucks and construction equipment. http://www.firstgearreplicas.com
    I don't give em hell, I just tell the truth and they think it is Hell! - Truman

Try Altec. They have very nicely detailed die cast digger and bucket trucks. I have bought several for retirements and they have been a big hit! Here's the website: www.conceptsusa.com/147258/altec/trucks.asp

When they get a little older, I saw they have remote control bucket trucks. I don't think it's anything like a TMAXX or anything but sounds like fun.

I have a small "Reddy Kilowatt" ashtray in mint condition. I would break someones arm if they tried to use it.
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    That's really cool!!
    I'm gonna have to get with my Uncle, and see if he's got any Reddy stuff layin around he might have forgot about. I remember TONS of stuff he use to have with Reddy on it.

That is my ashtray! Penelec used Reddy too.

When I was in grade school in the 60's.....Penelec had a program in my hometown in NY state......to promote cooking with "electric cookstoves".....it was a cooking class for children I think it lasted about a week......I remember they taught us to bake a cake and at the end of the week we got a certificate with our names on it and of course "Reddy" was the background of the certificate and we got a nice little pin of Reddy(damn wish I had kept them).....I remember that class like it was yesterday, it was so special to me.....an 8 year old's pride and joy......and who would have thought......I would move to Pennsylvania and end up working 22 years for the very same company that taught me to make a cake.
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    Abraham Lincoln

9. Default

Hello,
    OMG I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just looking at the Pioneer site. THANK YOU!!! I LOVE YOU, LOVE YOU, LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    _________

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

I might have missed it but Willie Wiredhand was the Cooperatives version of Reddy.