creepingcharlie Guest

Default wannabe trying to be

Featured Sponsor

Hows it going guys. I'm new to this forum and I wanna and trying to become a power lineman. I have applied at calnevjatc and got interviewed but was not accepted to the program. It may of been because of my driving record not sure. I am in the process of enrolling to get my class a DL and looking to go to northwest lineman college in oroville ca. I sure you guys get ask alot for help from people but if you are willing to help anther one out it will be appreciated. I know this job ant for everyone but i believe that its the right one for me. So any help or insight you may be willing to pass on will be in great thanks. Jacob

Default wanna be an ape

Keep tryin, those guys at the calnev jatc have lots of guys applying right now,sometimes they pass up a good thing,call and talk to Dave Crawford .Ask him how or what will help you get into the program.Also if you can get on as a grunt( if you arent already) get the cdl too.I know for a fact that Diversified is workin' in the Visalia area, they have a yard in Goshen off the 198 west.See if you can get on with them,its not too far from you.Mike Dohr is the GF,he's a good guy ,they do a lot of work in that area. E.S.

creepingcharlie Guest

ES do u have a number for Diversified. I will definitely give them a call. As for calnev last time I talked to them they said that I need some kind of schooling or on the job training before I could reapply. That's why I was looking into NLC in oroville ca. But I will give Dave a call also.thanks

Default Oroville NLC- Place to stay while there-

If any of you decide to give the place a look , get in touch with me. I Live about 30 minutes from the place, plus I own a trailer park that you can stay at if you decide that a line college is right for you. E.S.

creepingcharlie Guest

Oh really!!!, that was one of my concerns. whats the rent going to cost and what about part time work up there. I really don't want to rely on my girlfriend to pay all the bills when I'm gone. I am going up there in few weeks to check out the program up there and if do chose to attend I will definitely be given you a call. Thanks

Default Nlc

How long is the school? I own an RV park near Oroville ( 35 minutes away). If you have a travel trailer, would have it made! If you end up going to the school when the weather is warmer you could even camp in a tent , the place has showers and a laundry .As far as work I think you will be in school to much to be worried about it, but I am not sure ,you tell me.E.S.

creepingcharlie Guest

Featured Sponsorr

The school is four months and I do have access to a travel trailer, my mom has one. She has offered it to me to us if I needed already so that could work. I doubt I would do the tent dillyo. The class are 8 hrs a day m-thrs I believe. I still have to take the trip up and check out before I know for sure. I will let you know.