Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: lost a good man

Default lost a good man

Featured Sponsor

c.w.wright lost a good man lost a good man about 5oclock tuesday his name was ronnie g lee along time foreman at mastec ,lee, and cw. he will be missed

Default sorry

sorry to here that my prayers are with his family.

And how did this happen? You need to post how it happened so the rest of us can learn from it. Was it on ther job? etc. etc.
    National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!

R.I.P. Mr Lee. Always bad news to hear.

nlcbigman Guest

sorry to hear that i will put him in my thoughts and prayers

Unhappy accident

First my condolences to the family and friends of the lost man.

Someone asked how the accident happened. I have heard thru the rumor mill but cannot personnally state the truth. My understanding is there were 2 buckets working on an angle structure with all work being done hot. The victim was bonding the upper end of the guy wire, without his gloves on, when the other bucket lost control of a hot jumper that fell on the victim's back. The story is the guy had problems with the compression and the #6 cu and took off his gloves to line everything up. As i stated this is at least third hand info so I don't even know what type structure or the voltages being worked.

People be careful and think about who is in your work zone, and are you really out of reach before you take off your gloves. This is why so many companies go to ground-to-ground work rules.

Lightbulb what happen

the crew was working on a line at p.w.c. of fayetteville n.c he was putting together a span guy up a steel pole with no rubber gloves. the other lineman dropped the jumper and it hit the steel pole. steel pole came hot, span guy came hot, when he sleeved it together it burnt both his hands sending the electricity threw his body blowing his heart.

so guys, in memory of Ronnie, let's wear our gloves so we can come home safely to our families. accidents happen

Space Guest

Work for C.W. myself , noone up our way knew his name , saddened us never the less . Take care , Space

I always hate to hear about anyone getting hurt , let alone getting killed. My condolences go out to the family of C.W.
    Do you guys out there really work two different phases at the same time? My pea brain says that a steel pole and guys are conductors and should be treated as such. Ya gotta pay attention to your partners , tell them to hold up , I'm un-gloving , stop for a minute with that jumper , what ever it takes to go home at the end of the day. Come on fellas , lets not have to hear about someone getting killed anymore. We can do better than this. I don't even have a clue who this guy is , but it still hurts to hear about things that could have been prevented from happening this way.

10. Default Working phases

Featured Sponsorr

Right you are psc one phase at a time. I have had my pole buddy start to do that and stoped him. I have been told its ok to do by some. After which i responded you go ahead im just going to stand here and read your satey book its in there. Im shure most of us are very aware of this. I just wonder if pressure to cut corners to get the job done might be a factor. Was very experienced worker so im shure he was very safe. I see two problems here rubber gloves and the other thing we have talked about. The person that dropped the jumper must feel like hell. My condolences to this mans family. It is sickening to hear lets all work safe.