Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Cool linemans pay

Featured Sponsor

Forgot to add...SO WHAT...what the police and fireman were lower on the list? It was the worst outage in about thirty or forty years...WHO YA GONNA CALL...LINEMAN!!!!....work long hours without complaint and turn on the lights. Said before and will again....lineman work long hours without rest or break to turn on the lights after major storms...often times while their loved one's are out of power themselves. Love to READ THAT STORY! woody

Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    Hey tramp...better yet, north eastern whatcom county and the fraser freezer...the nor...easter...from the freezer. Had crews show up and leave...drug-up on the spot! Had vehicles blow off the road while parked...waiting for a clearance. Some buddies from alaska worked here on one storm...finished the storm and commented that next time we can solve our own problems. woody

Ya, no shit. Frazer Freeze all right. Wind comes ripping out of the Yukon down the Frazer River and picks up speed when it shoots over Matsqui Flats in Canada and doesn’t even check in at Sumas. Never heard one of those dairy farmers at Lyndon say to a lineman, “Bugger off ‘cause you're too well paid.”

When them damn reporters are telling every one from their nice warm and dry studio, “Police are warning that if you don’t have to go out, stay home” who’s going out?

The over paid lineman.

“See you later, honey!”

What lineman’s wife ever asks, “When shall I have supper ready?”
    Last edited by Trampbag; 05-12-2007 at 08:39 PM.
    Have Trampbag, Will Travel

Everyone who comes here brings a little joy.

Some when they come in. Others when they leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Trampbag View Post

What lineman’s wife ever asks, “When shall I have supper ready?”
    LMAO!!! Ain't that the truth!

I'm only reading........please continue.

http://archives.seattletimes.nwsourc...ry=justin+mayo

I e mailed both of these reporters and invited them here.
    Lets see what happens.

dbrown20 Guest

Default Why hell

it costs that much to live in Seattle. If they didn't get any overtime, they wouldn't be able to make it. Just get one of those reporters to hang out with a line crew all winter on ot. They'll think they're underpaid. dbrown20

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGO HAND. View Post
    http://archives.seattletimes.nwsourc...ry=justin+mayo

I e mailed both of these reporters and invited them here.
    Lets see what happens.
    That was a good thing to do CH. But, will a reporter "followup"? I'm betting they won't bother..........until the next time they have no lights.

A reporter should do more than just paperwork, in my opinion, before starting a story. How about some field work? And although a week would be good for some of you, I think they should ride with a crew during some major weather trouble. But, then again....they would just be in your way.

Default funny thing

There is always a discussion about being overpaid - WHEN THE LIGHTS ARE ON.

This discussion never takes place in the dark. It is a strange phenomenon how the appreciation for lineman disappears when the lights come on.

Go figure.

Default Something I forgot

Featured Sponsorr

In the actual paper, they listed the top ten lineman and printed thier names for every crook to see. Lucky they didn't have thier home adress to print.