Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Box Guest

Default Contractor Outfit or Utility?!?!

Featured Sponsor

I have a question for some of you guys, especially the apprentices who are used to getting laid off for months. I keep seeing posts about people looking for work and i was just curious as to why some of you guys aren't looking for work at a local utility company rather than these small outfits? Bigger companies like FP&L, PSE&G, Exelon, ComEd, Peco, etc have all the work and more overtime than you know what to do with. So why are some of yous getting laid off and busting your balls to find work? Plus better benefits and tools and so many other little things. Just wondering please reply.

I smell fish.

Default or......

Cheese !!!!!!!!!!

Question Why

Wouldn’t be nice if management would just come out and say, “I’m management and have a question.”

I know I might look silly. But WHY box?????

Box Guest

ya'll are funny! i'm actually not any type of management and never would be. i'm an apprentice that just started with a utility and started reading this board. for real that's the truth. i was looking for some real input and answer. i'm in the union and just got out of training school. but yous can think whatever you want. this is the internet it's not like i'll ever meet any of you so what do i care

Thumbs down power companys

If a guy works for a power company he has to have good medical insurance to get all those knifes removed from his back

Florida Earl Guest

Default Utility

I've got to go with Box on this one. I'd rather have stability, better benefits, 401k, pension, room for growth, retirement.......

Different Gigs are for different types so whatever floats your boat.

Florida Earl Guest

Default ha

At least you CAN get good medical insurance when you work for a power company....

Thumbs down power companys

Featured Sponsorr

If a guy works for a power company he has to have good medical insurance to get all those knifes removed from his back