Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: C'mon DEAN

42linehand Guest

Default C'mon DEAN

Featured Sponsor

What's the word on Hurricane DEAN. I hear that their is a possibility that it is going to hit Texas as a Category 3 or 4. We all know what happens when these things hit the Gulf. Its been a quite year so far but it is still early. I am sure that the phones were ringing off the hook today with people looking for men to work storm in preparation for this making land.

Default Storm info

Is that area of Texas they think is gonna get hit local 66 ? Can I just call 66 and tell 'em I wanna come down and help ?? Who knows what I should do ? E.S.

3. Default

Have you checked out 66's scale? There is better money out there than that if you call around and find a list.

taco Guest

hey squirell you dont want to work off of those southern scales. 1 step apes in the northeast make more than a jl does down there. contractors call out of the halls here in the northeast for hands when a hurricane hits.
    mass. is all double time
    ny is all double time
    conn. is 8 @ 1.5 then 8 @ double
    pa is all 1.5

Default real nice

Hope a hurricane ruins peoples lives so you can make money.

billfoster67 Guest

Default Did we lose the work in the Carribean?

Bison Electric had it. IO gave the jurisdiction to Florida. But the only contractor that is gearing up is HKA out of Duncan, and at the looks of their website they appear non-union. Am I wrong? Did we lose that jurisdiction? Are any union contractors going in?

7. Default Hka

Bill I believe Hka is a headhunter service for companies like shaw.

billfoster67 Guest

Thumbs down The requirements for JL look very minimal?

One to five years of electrical experience to be a JL (?????). And all the areas of work they seem to have openings are right to work areas. We usually go by the books and local men have first shot at foreman. I am kind of scared if this outfit puts a gaggle of men inexperienced, its not going to be good. Union or non union, I hope no one gets seriously hurt.

taco Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NJlineman55 View Post
    Hope a hurricane ruins peoples lives so you can make money.
    for every loser, there is a winner.

billfoster67 Guest

Default I've given up the money to learn something.

Featured Sponsorr

I have taken less money to learn something. I went to NE, and I learned how to frame H structures quick and the fast way of putting them up in the air.

I have taken less money to learn how to stick.

I have taken less money to go see friends and family that I haven't seen in a long time.

I will take less money to have a good time on the right of way, enjoy friends, especially if one of my friends is foreman.

I have taken less money, but my motel costs less, gas costs less, food costs less, and you can learn other ways of doing things.

You take five different lineman from five different parts of the country they can do things differently. Take what you see thats good or bad out of each lineman and find the best way you can do it.

Georgia Power is recognized as having great lineman. They win Kansas City year in and year out, all the time. SELCAT is a great NJATC climbing school. And the area has really good lineman. I probably can buy a nice home in rural Georgia for twentieth of the price of LA, a tenth in AK. The South has great lineman, I 've seen them work. No missed moves, they don't cry about climbing. They work.

One of the best lineman I have met is from Georgia. He knows how to run a job better than I know.