Threaded View

billfoster67 Guest

Default Electricians why cant they get market share?

Whay do they have take our market share? Whay are they going beyond the jurisdiction of article 26 in the constitution? Why do they want our work that we have had for a long time and we gave it to the older lineman with sore hips and knees?

Why do they do sidework?

Why can't they work residential and compete in that market? Thats where their non-union competitors made their money and are destroying them in the commericial market?

Why will they hold their ticket in their sock and work non-union, and ask a guy with a IBEW sweatshirt where the union hall is. I am a lineman no a narrowback. I don't speak to rats, even if they have yellow tickets.

Why will a retiree do little handy man jobs?

Why don't they organize these outfits that are destroying their market share?

You guys read article 26. Read our jurisdiction and their jurisdiction. And tell your BA hey these guys are taking our work. I know so many men that worked project agreements and worked hard to gain our market share. Lineman's break is drink a cup of coffee on a bucket or in the truck- their break is stop work and go to the designated break area. So a 15 minute break goes into fourty five minutes. We are different in our attitudes toward work.

If we give them market share of our jurisdiction, they will eventually lose it if they keep doing what they are doing. Thats why I don't want to give them anything.

I have seen a beautiful scene five electricians pushing a 3/4 inch control cable through a bridge about 200 feet. I drove past at eight and they still weren't done until 6pm. I remember as an apprentice and a good friend grunt would put the control cables and the power for signals and we would do 4 overpasses before lunch. With the loop de loop in all the splice boxes.

Don't give them work, we will never have it for the older guys or for ourselves when we get older.

Our easy work is their hard work!
    Last edited by billfoster67; 09-01-2007 at 09:41 AM. Reason: misspell and wrong noun