Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Really?

Featured Sponsor

Glad you liked it.Just to think,from such an intelligent fellow like yourself.Im touched beyond words.

lineman-up Guest

Default hillbilly?

[QUOTE=hillbilly;36778]If you cant get out of your little world at your little rat utility,and learn more than three ways to set a pole,I say stay and starve.Who cares about your three styles of doin the redundant same crapp from ol' Joe the ass whole engineer.I bet when it comes down to it,you probably couldnt trade ten power company pukes for a half ass dumb tramp,and I aint trying to insult the tramps.

i assume you are talking to me. i have been out of this utility for years, i did construction all over the midwest. i am not exactly sure why you are going off on me but it pretty much just seems like you are a prick!!! let me take some guesses now, i am guessing you are one of those piss ants that thinks he knows everthing and really knows shit except how to climb a pole ( just so you billy that dont make you a lineman) i would also guess that you are such an ass to work with you could never work for a utility becaus you would have to deal with people and that would never work. i dont think customers would want to hear how great a lineman you are!! i would also guess that you couldnt work for a utility because of your piss poor attitude, you probaly sound like a prick in an interview too! and just so ya know i am not union nor am i starving. oh and billy-bitchcakes dont call yourself a lineman it is an insult to the rest of us. dont worry about this dink foster i enjoy your posts!!!

bdt557 Guest

Default Life on the road

To me it is a no brainer. Go on the road get into the Union and if you want to go to work at a union utility later that is fine too. I worked several years on the road, then worked 29 years for a utility in Alaska and am now tramping again for the last couple of years before retirement. I started out non union and I know they have some pretty fair lineman and some that are not to educated about safety, craftsmanship, and productivity.

I really think that you would not regret taking the step even if it means going on the road. I cannot sign the praises of the union more. It has given me everything that I have. The employer did not do this for me. I know the employer hates the fact that a lot of us thank the union for the pay and benefits but they would never give them to us out of the goodness of there hearts. The benefits, the brotherhood, money, retirement, health and welfare are more then worth the move. Why any lineman is non union is beyond me but then again as I stated at the start of this I was also non union one time and believe me I do no the difference in the two.

bdt557

bdt557 Guest

Default 77 liner

Hey liner77 I was reading your commits about Foster and would like to say that I've worked with Foster a couple of times. One time as his superintendent and the next time in the tools. Foster is a sincere person who absolutley wants the best for the trade that we work in. It may sound like cry baby to you but then again we all have bitches don't we? Foster is a good lineman who has a few problems at present. He is a lineman that works hard and would give you the shirt off his back. He is a lineman that has not worked all phases of line work, but then again I'm 61 and haven't worked all phases myself and I really don't believe that most lineman have either. When a young apprentice lineman was burned I know that he was one of the first to try to uncover why he was burned and how it can be prevented so it doesn't happen to another lineman down the road. I know you have him all wrong .

77liner Guest

Default Thanks for the input

Thanks bdt. I guess I was a little bit out of line about Foster and trying to slap Hillbilly with his brilliant response. I apologize Foster.
    I have been in this trade for almost 40 years myself. Worked Utility all my career and Im proud of it. What I get so tired of is listening to some of these clumsums who have seen it all done it all and the local hands are a bunch of purple nosed pukes. I have all the respect in the world for my construction brothers. We all have our niches and comfort levels.
    Thanks for setting me straight brother.
    In Solidarity

Box Guest

whoever said "**** that bucket i'd rather do it out of the hooks" is kind of weird. i mean sure of course we gotta work in the hooks whether for practice and efficiency or because you can't get a bucket to it........but you do realize that is why they made bucket trucks right? to make our job easier for us. and to get more done. and to the dick that said "you go set your 1 or 2 poles a week while i set 3 a day".......................let me think, if we're at the same rate, why in the hell why i wanna set 3 poles a day instead of 3 poles a week? just to bust my balls and back? just so i don't have time to enjoy my paper and coffee? no thanks but you keep up the good attitude company man. break your back for the boss. i get paid hourly.......don't you?

lineman-up Guest

Default box

well stated box, that is what i was trying to say but i got pissed at the all knowing hero!!!!!!

Default I humbly appologize to all

After looking back at what I have posted it is plain to see that I was a little,o.k. allot out of line.I am not an ass nore do I think I know it all.I am just a guy who gets a bit beside himself when I feel us contractors are perceived to be a bit less.I had the fortune to work for a power company for twelve years before I became a contractor.I have seen the contractors from allot of your points of view.I can tell you now that I have yet to meet a single Lineman that would not do his best for safety.I suppose that when this contracting came into vogue that there were those who side stepped for more money.I really think most if not all are all about safety and believe that an ass whipping is in good order for those who set a trap,dont you?
    I hope that if I offended ya'll this apology will do.

lineman-up Guest

Default it takes a man to lineman-up

hilbilly, your apology is accepted and much appreciated!! i have the utmost respect for contractor lineman, they generally work way harder than the utility guys do and in some pretty shitty conditions. i never perceive to contractors to be anything less than they are, a lineman, i have met lineman from all tracks of life and enjoyed some great conversation and more than a few cocktails with them. i respect every person in this trade and just expect the same in return. You obviously have a lot of pride in this trade and we need more people like that. there is dicks from all sides union vs non-union , contractor vs utility, the only thing that matters to me is that you are a lineman and respect this trade and the others that perform it. you never know when that guy you are dickheading might be on the line with you some day and your life will be in his hands, is that a situation you would want to be in. the number one goal of all lineman is to go home at night, Period. good luck and stay safe.

Default We are All Lineman

Featured Sponsorr

We are All Lineman It dosen't matter who you work for, we are a different breed that alot of people do not understand. I don't care who you work for contracter or utility. If somebody thinks there chit don't stink there know one to listen to. Work Safe!