Thread: Ice Storm 2007

Default Ice Storm 2007

Featured Sponsor

THERE IS SOME GOOD PIC OF THE STORM IN OK AND KS.
    GO TO www.kec.org

www.aep.com

THOUGHTS AND PRAYER ARE WITH ALL THE WORKERS UP THERE RESTORING
    POWER.LETS HOPE ALL AT HOME BEFORE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default reply

i was in kansas also in selina bad place

A little shack on the side of a bluff in Western NC

We went to Tulsa. It was like a Chinese fire drill the first few days,but AEP finally got it together and we were able to get to work at getting some lights back on. The people in the neighborhoods we worked in were the nicest of anywhere we have ever been! It never failed.....we'd get a line hot,and 20 minutes later here would come somebody with hot coffee or hot cookies,or both! One customer dumbassed disconnecting his generator when we got the power on.He closed in his main with his generator still running and a jumper across the bottom of his box to get the 120 from the generator to both legs.KABOOMYOW!! Burnt down the backlot open wire secondary ,and we had to leave it till the next day because of the work hour rules we had to follow. We figured the 7 other customers on that transformer would kick his ass that night,but it turned out ok....lol. All our group got home safe and sound in time for Christmas.
    I'm much too young to feel this damm old!

Jabbo Guest

Default Kansas Ice Storm

Featured Sponsorr

Nine of us went to Kansas for 11 days. When we left Louisiana it was 78 degrees. Up there the low was 8 and the high was 17 for a couple of days. Changed out about 60 poles and all were straight lines C-1s and A-1s with an occasional 4. Cranked the chainsaw one time. I think we cut the only tree in Kansas. Open fields and no curves in the road. Whole different world. Was in OK in January and other than the steep hills it was more like home as far as trees go. Had a blizzard come through Saturday which made it even worse. But we drove all day Christmas eve and made it home Christmas afternoon just in time for Christmas supper with the families. Will uplaod pictures when I get a chance.
    Jabbo