Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default New extendo stick attachment

Featured Sponsor

Out of curiosity what is everyone out there using on the end of their long stick (extendo) sticks? Due to a lot of fuse barrels falling we are having to get away from the common straight finger w/ the hook on the opposite end. We have recently tried the pigtail type but it is not well liked. Any suggestions?

i run a double finger that i made with bit of a larger disc on the end and the disc is offset to the higher side so you have a bit more hook to hold onto your door in not the most ideal conditions. i like the double finger too so if i got a door down i can carry a loaded door up with me pickup the shot one set the loaded one in and shut it. my finger started as a piece of 1/2" 6061 t-6 al and cut it on a bridgeport mill. i will see if i can get some pics up this weekend.

what yall are getting tired of crawlin under your hardhat when that door comes off the end??

Talking

what yall are getting tired of crawlin under your hardhat when that door comes off the end??[/QUOTE]

Nope, we have a lot of injuires (broken orbital bones, stitches,etc.) from falling switch barrels so our safety dept, managers, supervisore, etc. are pushing for new tools. As for me, I'm up for anything that keepas from going to hospital or wading thru vines or water looking for a barrel!

4. Default

Click on the Hastings add and you'll find what you need.

http://www.hubbellpowersystems.com/p...sp?pageID=1150

Cat. # PSC4033484 on the right side of page.
    Last edited by Bipeflier; 01-18-2008 at 04:24 PM. Reason: add cat #

That is the one we are using.

Talking upturned hook

I like the attachment with the straight finger out one side, and the curved finger on the other side that is facing up. I ran into a homemade one at a REA, and it worked great. Hung the new barrel on the upturned hook, raised the stick and lifted the old door out of the cutout. A little shaking and the old one slides off the straight finger, then the new door is in position on the upturned hook to hang on the cutout. Just make sure nobody is under the old door when you shake it off the extendo!!
    Living my life and loving it!!!

9. Default ab chance tool

there is a new tool on the market by ab chance it reminds me of a teacup. the cutout door goes upside down in the cup and has a slit cutout in the middle for the ring. a cutout door will sit in it till it is almost upside down. It also has a finger for closing the door. pretty slick shit. I bet that door would stay in the cup in a wyoming windstorm. they (AB Chance)were highlighting it at the International linemans rodeo expo in KC this year. I was very impressed.

Thumbs up Heres the link

Featured Sponsorr