Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: running angels

RU18 Guest

Default running angels

Featured Sponsor

small wire distro. bird framed you can put the center phase on the arm in a shiv or on a eye nut on the innside. on the glass standed the wire. is there any other way to string it. the moving it after sag is what is getting me??it's changing the sag too much

Default Sounds like

maybe your not getting the sag even between all the spans the whole length of the pull. Its hard to say with out some more info or actually being there.

Koga

Blog Entries

Not sure I get what you're saying. If you're running it in rollers, and pulling it to sag, how does the sag change when you move it?
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Are you mounting your rollers in the same place on every pole? If you don't this could mess with your sag.

I always sagged the middle Phase first and then brought the 2 outside phases up until it slacked a tiny bit. If you aint careful your deadend arm could come around throwin your sag way off.

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    I always sagged the middle Phase first and then brought the 2 outside phases up until it slacked a tiny bit. If you aint careful your deadend arm could come around throwin your sag way off.
    Ditto.....

Default Naw, what he's

talking about is on angles that when you get it sagged and then tie it in you have to move the phases onto the insulators. It's not only the middle phase but all three are affected by this. You're either slacking it up or tightening it up when you move it to the insulator, depending which way the angle is and however you've got the dollies.

If there's only one angle in the line then try and position the dollies where you are the same distance away from the pin position with each phase and then tie that pole in first. If there's several angles I've even seen folks climb each angle and move the wire to the permanent position before making final sag.

Really this is only for people who are real persnicky about sag. On small wire especially we used to just try and guess at it. If moving it from the dolly to the pin is gonna tighten it, then make that phase a little loose and tie it in first.

If the wire isn't strung in under tension we used to loose tie it in it's permanent position and small wire will slide around the insulator making it simple to sag.

RU18 Guest

67 you are on the right track. line is in the woods more than one angel(that should be DE) and the C phase is 40inch above the arm and we are putting the shiv on the inside on one arm and the out side on the next. What i am looking for is if someone knows of some thing i have never seen??? like i've seen a hot base for sivs but you can not put an angel on it and it cold not take the strain? but I would think that there is some sort of post type shiv out there or mybe it's my millon $ invention??????

Blog Entries

Oh, I see, angle not angels....had my thrown for a while. SR blocks w/ arm angle bases mounted as close to the pin position as possible. Loose tie the angles before you pull to final sag. After sagged in, finish ties on angle poles.
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

RU18 Guest

Featured Sponsorr

so i cant spell lets get past that. a serman riley is what i am refering to as a shive and the arm is 40some inches below the center phase and even if you tie it to the pole as close as you can you are still moving it a foot plus after sag. spell chek that