Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by theweber View Post
    What are the webcam addresses so we can see your morning tea break?
    Here's an example:-
    http://www.glasgowcitycouncil.co.uk/webcam/fullsize.jpg
    I spend a modest amount of time on this location during the year doing temporary power and lighting. When my bucket truck or cherry picker isn't in the air then I'm obviously not working..... Except of course I could be in a pillar or distro hut.

Other locations vary all the time, but you can often find random webcams in public areas.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

2. Default

This technology is nothing more than a management discipline tool ,it would make you feel like you are working in communist Russia in the 70,s.

I am really not looking forward to this type of crap installed on my truck , its open to lots of abuse by management , driving styles , work breaks , job route selection , all logged to be used against you if you are not the bosses favorite , sounds like the gestapo revisited to me.

Abuse by management? Think about people. You get paid to drive the speed limit, so drive the dang speed limit. You get paid to go do your job in an efficient, safe manner. So do it. If you mean you might get caught doing things you are not supposed to do while being paid on the backs of the customers, then yes, you might get caught. And you should.

We have it on all the trucks now at AEP.
    Kap ohiolineman1

Jack Burton Guest

Sounds like Duck Hunter's jumped the fence... Managment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    Sounds like Duck Hunter's jumped the fence... Managment.
    did he jump it or dig a hole and crawl under it , his comments do sound like supervision, the saddest thing is that a lot of the supervisors were the worst abusers of the system, long lunch, day trips way off range, quit early so as not to miss what was going on back at the shop, ask them about it and all they say is "that was then, this is now"

Default the days od wooden ships and iron men

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlybuck View Post
    the saddest thing is that a lot of the supervisors were the worst abusers of the system, long lunch, day trips way off range, quit early so as not to miss what was going on back at the shop, ask them about it and all they say is "that was then, this is now"
    You are right on the money, In the old days we used to drink and smoke on the job, Fly the bucket for mabey 2hrs in an 8hr day.

Times have changed and they are measuring your productivity. If you speed you will be bagged by company GPS not the police. Some of the more complex gps systems report out how long during the day the PTO is enguaged and bucket is out of the cradel.

I'm not a hypocrite, I humped the pooch with the best of them, have pride in my work and did what was expected of me. Times are changing. were being watched and measured where we never were before.

Be safe, be aware, protect your brothers and the public.

CPOPE

Sounds like duck has jumped the fence? Sounds like people just don't want to follow the rules. Really, give me a reason why you would bitch about being caught where you are not supposed to be? Why would you bitch because you go caught driving faster than you knew you are supposed too? If you know what is right and wrong and choose to do wrong, why is that anyone else's fault? You are probably the same guys that say you are treated like children, yet that is exactly what you act like. All of us are paid to follow the rules set out by the company we work for or by government agancies. Do you really think your boss is going to bitch because you follow the rules? Mine don't

Linemen need to go back to being proud of who they are and what they do.

DH, I interpret what you said this way, An honest days work for an honest days pay. Sounds like hands are afraid to get caught screwing around. I dont get it. God forbid they find out you work 2hrs for 10.

But DH, you lost me with the pride comment. I am beginning to think that was the "old days". Too many are more interested in the raising hell and getting drunk part of being lineman, the highly skilled craftsman part of the trade is disappearing.

Screw it, I am going to get drunk and raise some hell.

Featured Sponsorr

And the worst thing of all. See when you're in the pub drinking all day and the boss walks in, and you're so drunk you tell him to f*ck off? That really sucks. Almost as much as vomiting down a pole at 50' up. I mean you're not going to hold it in for as long as the bucket takes to get down, and you can't puke over the side because it's a public area and it's really windy. And vomiting in your hard hat is really not an option. So if you do it against the pole it may slide down in a controlled manner without anyone noticing.

Am I off topic here?
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com