Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Buzz Lightyear Guest

Default Wesco's or Hoffmans?

Featured Sponsor

Howdy, look for some insight on Line Boots. I know you guys Do alot more Storm Duty than us Telco Lineman do so I need some oppinions.
    I'm not however looking for any Remarks about one boot maker or another being used by Faggots or any such insinuations as I read in the Dickies -VS - Carhartt
    threads!

Been using Redwings for some time now, but I'm upgrading to 16" shaft
    and a boot thats more comfortable when on the Hooks for long periods of time.
    my Feet keep Falling asleep when i'm in my Hooks or on stepped poles for longer than an hour so I need much better Arch Support
    and I'm looking for EH rated and Waterproof.
    I'm looking at wesco's and Hoffmans and have thought about Carolina's aswell.
    Anyone Used the Hoffman 14" Pacboots they made for linework?

any help would be Great! Thanks!
    Last edited by Buzz Lightyear; 05-17-2008 at 08:54 PM.

A climbing phonie, I love it. I it is nice to see that some of you guys still do. More power to you, in my neck of the woods I can say that I have never seen such a person. I like my wescos, but they don't give you as much support as hoffmans do and they tend to run wide. I just had mine resoled by hoffman with their climbing sole. It was the best 100 bucks I have spent in a while. Either way you get a nice boot. The wescos do have the extra added benefit of being made in the U.S. I'm not sure if hoffman uppers are or not. The people at hoffman are as nice as can be. Either way you end up supporting a good business that will support their product.

Once they break your feet in, there is no better boot for climbing than Wesco's.

Buzz Lightyear Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mainline View Post
    A climbing phonie, I love it. I it is nice to see that some of you guys still do. More power to you, in my neck of the woods I can say that I have never seen such a person.
    Mainline, Thanks for your insight! I'm a A Lineman!!!! I climb Everyday.
    i'm not a typical Phonie that sits in his van eating donuts with the AC on
    waiting for your everyday Bullshit DSL installation calls!
    I'm a Construction Splicer and Unlike Service techs
    we are about as Close to the term"LINEMAN" as you get with the exception of the above 60' wire work and the HIGH KV Voltage.
    But honestly, if I wasn't really stoked with my job I'd switch to power
    linework faster than you can say Wye-Delta Bank!

And Swamp thank you!

i think its prefrence, ive had a pair of both and like my hoffmans better they just fit my feet better, i prefer whites over both of them but i got a deal on the last pair of hoffmans that i couldnt pass up not to mention i got them that day instead of waitin 2 months for them. ive had all them in 16" too

Cool Boots

Devil Dawg,i've had 4 pair of Wesco's before. They are an excellent boot,great to climb in,but they take quite a while to break in. Also they are not so comfortable doing groundwork just wearing them around. I switched to Hoffman's a couple of years ago. I am on my second pair of leather Hoffman's and they are fine. They break in alot easier and faster than Wesco's. Also this past winter,i finally broke down and bought my first pair of winter pac boots,(rubber heavy duty lineman's boots,waterproof and ecspecially designed for winter.) The winter Hoffman pac boots are excellent. Top notch. A great investment for $200. Anyways,i am entertaining the idea of getting a pair of White's lineman boots next,as i have heard nothing but good things about them. Also i figured i should give all of the top brands a fair chance and try them out myself to see which one i liked the best. Figure might as well do it while i'm younger then finally stick with the one's i liked best. Later broseph ....

Wesco if I am on the wood for more than 2 hrs, If not I like Halls u just need to order 1 size wider than normal. comfortable from the start OK for ground work to. good luck

Started with Redwings. Now using Hoffmans in the winter l like them a lot. A nother guy at work has a summer pair, also good boots.

If your feet are falling asleep. A couple of guys I know have bought the plates that bolt to the bottom of your climbers. They say it is like standing on the ground!!
    good luck
    ski

Wesco's "breakin you feet in" couldn't say it better. You could not give me a pair of Wescos, in fact I have a pair of 13D that I will give to someone that could use them. Good shape pm me. I think it depends on your feet, its preference. Only thing is spending the money to figure it out.

I have just bought a pair of Danner boots that are made by Hoffman, Danner boot with Hoffman soles. I swear to you it feels like I got Nike's on, no break in time, they were great from the start. Check em out, your feet will love you.

Featured Sponsorr

Have worn both over the years.....Wesco's for the majority of my 37+ yrs........my last Wesco's wore out, and instead of a re-build, I bought a pair of 16" Hoffman's...........still haven't got em broken in completely...cause I don't hook every day, but on storms, or when it's too wet for the bucket You know how us Trblmn are but i love em!! I've had a pair of the Hoffman winter packs for several years and loved them since day 1, so I thought I'd try their regular climbing boots, and haven't been disappointed!!!