Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Featured Sponsor

pike has killed too many lineman,,no training for aps ,,no saftey cares ,,look at thier record ,,go union,,,at least ya got a chance,,,scammy

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    It really ain't bout all that John.

It's about a Real Lineman...lookin for a job, or a new Grunt...Lookin for a job. NOW!

No Union Bull****....I'll go to work TOMORROW!!

Companys like Pike...Hire, guys like that.

Trust me....After a week...maby a month...they're either "cool" or....gone. Simple as that.
    No Union bull****, they didn't "cut it".

I like work parctices like that.
    "Walk it like ya talk it".....or ...."SEE Ya"!

Cut to the Chase......

Last edited by johnbellamy; 02-04-2012 at 10:58 PM.

I will say this,,,a lineman knows another lineman,,and a lineman (is)a lineman..scammy

4. Default what it means to be union

I often read into the union issues and have to laugh. I grew up union live union and will be union as long as I possibly can be. I saw good hardworking men walk off a job and pretty much force a company to close its doors over .50 cents an hour. They uproot there families because they believe they are worth more. a belief that is so solid that they will change everything in there life over things like benifits, retirement, leave time. These issues are what we as working americans have become entitled to because of unions.

it was only 100 years ago when someone would fall and be injured or killed and the company boss would simply say get that hunk of shit off my property, what are you lookin at? get back to work! It is nice that we have become such a bunch of entitled pansies that the company out of the kindness of there hearts offers things like sick days, retirement, and benefits.

I have heard people badmouth unions. I have heard them say that the union lied to us, they sold us down the river and I can only say WHAT??!!! The union is a union of its members the strength it has is the strength of many men and women formed together in solidarity. negotiate a contract for working conditions. the contract is a two sided agreement in which workers work and companys pay. these lazy bastards who think they don't have to work are the guys who are hamstring themselves and there fellow members. The Union didn't sell you down the river, you have sold yourself down the river.

If you would like to see where you will be if unions dissapear you can see it today in places like Dubai where unions are illegal. workers are housed in tent citys that make the shanty's of the great deppresion look regal. virtually zero in the way of sanitations. then when you go to work for 12+ hours in 100+ degree heat and make less than a dollar an hour so you can build what is turning into one of the richest nations in the world. That is where I don't want to be. I will not live in a society where I do not have a say in its laws I will not work for a company where I do not have a say in my working conditions.

5. Default

I in no way meant to preach psychological bullshit. when I was 15 I watched first hand as the local mill which employed my father got shut down. Negotiations broke down and it went to a strike vote. Mgmt was trying to say that a mill which had turned a profit for the last 20 years was suddenly going to go under. they demanded that benies come out of employees pockets and that everyone would take a wage cut. These men and women were by no means cuttin a fat hog in the ass. about a month into the strike a bunch of lowlife wives of the striking millworkers decided they were going to strike against there husbands who had been supporting thier fat lazy asses for far to long. they set up right across the street with there picket signs and all. IDIOTS!! I am not going to advocate hitting women, BUT, quite honestly if it was the mother of my children I would bury her! Nobody crossed the plant ended up shutting down. The old mill gounds now have a chain link fence around an the land has been bare for going on 15 years.

The decision to be union should be idealistic and should be 100 % your decision. America is full of greedy bastard who will screw you over in a heartbeat. in a perfect world everybody gets thier slice of pie. Unions would not exist. If you are dumb enough to get sucked into someones BS that they are takin care of you then hears your sign! they are takin care of you alright. when you have 2 men working side by side one union one non-union, given everything else is equal. you will see the differance in the way worker is treated.

First off why is swamp even posting here this is the UNION ISSUES FORM NOT THE RAT FORM YOU BADMOUTH THE UNION AND NEVER EVEN WORKED UNION I HAVE NEVER WORKED RAT BUT I ALWAYS LIKE MAKING TOP DOLLAR SO IT NEVER INTERSTED ME

Default Union Issues

First off why is swamp even posting here this is the UNION ISSUES FORM NOT THE RAT FORM YOU BADMOUTH THE UNION AND NEVER EVEN WORKED UNION I HAVE NEVER WORKED RAT BUT I ALWAYS LIKE MAKING TOP DOLLAR SO IT NEVER INTERSTED ME

Default Agreed

Gotta agree with ya' on that 1 Swamp, things are out of hand .I wrote a letter explaining just that to the IBEW big-dog international president..........no reponse as of yet anyway ..How you been Swamp,just got off a 10 day vacation and got back to fla. and was washing the bugs off momma's car and damn it ,it was hot, might've been the ribs and beer the last 10 days .....LOL....take care...alan
    Last edited by OLE' SORE KNEES; 11-17-2008 at 07:53 PM.

Default you hit the nail on the head Suds...

these lazy bastards who think they don't have to work are the guys who are hamstring themselves and there fellow members.
    I see it everyday and it blows my F'n mind! I mean, man, it really pisses me off to no end. I can understand some of the older guys. They've been there, done that. They put in alot of time and sweat over the years, took a beating, and it shows. I take care of those guys. They don't even have to ask. I feel it's my responsibility. Some of the other lazy fookers tho....OH BOY.... they screw us all in a real bad way! Whatever suits them at that particular time is the LAW. So, are we gettin phased out? No, I don't think so. Are we F'n ourselves? Oh yeah..Big time.

Default We gettin' phased out???

Featured Sponsorr

I work for a non union company and trust me if i could get a job with a union company i would nat have to.. We go where the work is. I'm not going to bullshit no one, i know nothing about the union. I work for Shaw in Virgina and we are a contractor for Dominion Power. They do not use the IBEW they use another union group i think it is The utility workers of america or something like that.. Guys ya'll may need to get intouch with someone from there and see how there's works. It is GOOD.... They have it made, we are not aloud any OT as a contractor. We get no storm work unless all there lineman have been called to come in, once they all get in ( the ones that wnat to that is) they see what is going on and then we might get a call. I have been here for a year now and have no OT. They are hiring all the time, just not somewhere i want to live all the time..
    I dont think ya'll are getting phased out, ya'll are just going about it all the wrong way.. But hey like i said I dont know im just a damn rat looking from the outside in...
    Bean