Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bird Hunting

Featured Sponsor

Check out the Beretta 687 EELL Diamond... one of the best bird guns I've ever shot... My brother owns the 20/28 combo it's SICK

I still like my AR 12 though but I like blowing shit up....

For what it's worth

Edge

still getting high...

Ah, Caesar Guerini! Nice.

$5K might not be too much, but it is a lot. I figured $3K -4.

You know the Ruger Red Label is under $2K, just over for the engraved model and it's a nice gun. But it is hard to beat the look of an Italian O/U and there are so many makers of quality shotguns there, Beretta being among the better known. I do like that EELL DIAMOND PIGEON/20 ENGLISH STOCK but it is climbing to the upper most limit of my justifiable expenditure.
    Have Trampbag, Will Travel

Everyone who comes here brings a little joy.

Some when they come in. Others when they leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    Yeah, really.......
    NOT.

You must have a RICH brother!!! at over 5K...Good for Him!!

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en...num=1&ct=title
    Check it out Swamp, the 20/28 combo is suggested list $8,500.

http://www.berettausa.com/product/pr..._guns_main.htm

nahh, my brother ain't rich just single and USMC...

which means he's got money and guns...

but also means he's in IRAQ...

sorry Tramp but I had no clue what your budget was and had NO IDEA that that damned gun was that expensive lol... try the silver pigeon 5... I got one for around 2 1/2 grand it's a solid fuggin gun... and might be a little more in line with your budget...

for what it's worth...

Edge

Ummmmmm what are you guys shootin at thats werf that kinda bux. I usually dont cover the cost of a box of shells with the amount of meat I get with a shotgun..... Lord knows If I hadda include 5 G's in that equasion I mite hafta eat the gun too LOL

Poontangle sounds like a pure meat hunter to me. Why any damn fool would let um get up and fly sounds like crazy. If you got 10 shells, better come back with 10 squirrels or birds, right? Catchum on the ground and do a good swipe shot and get 5 or 6 with one shot.

If you're not hung up on those over and unders Benelli makes a real light 20. A little over 5 lbs. I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    nahh, my brother ain't rich just single and USMC...

which means he's got money and guns...

but also means he's in IRAQ...

sorry Tramp but I had no clue what your budget was and had NO IDEA that that damned gun was that expensive lol... try the silver pigeon 5... I got one for around 2 1/2 grand it's a solid fuggin gun... and might be a little more in line with your budget...

for what it's worth...

Edge

Hell man, no apologies necessary. I know what a good shotgun costs. $8.5 grand is just getting interesting. They get a lot more than that. I’m just happy that there are some on this board that enjoy things of beauty and art and are shooters.

I’m just at the point in life when an extravagant expenditure is not as easily corrected by a good summer of 7 – 12s. Retirement is looming. Age is creeping in. In the John Wayne movie “The Train Robbers” Mr. Lane (Wayne) said to Mrs. Lowe (Ann-Margret) after she made it quite clear that she would welcome him to travel with her “Hell, Mrs. Lowe, I have a saddle older than you.” Well that really never had as much impact as it does recently. “Hell I have a Bell Wrench…”

At any rate quality firearms cost. The rifles I like are all well over $2,500 before the scope (starting at $1,000). Even the pistols are well over $2,000. (Damn, I may be cursed). I just happen to like quality, not garish embellishment, although a nicely engraved piece is a marvel without a canvas.

Anyhow, I’m truly enjoying this conversation.

By the way, God protect the men in uniform protecting us. The Legion I recently enjoyed a drink in had a banner on the wall.

“If you won’t stand behind our troops please feel free to stand in front of them.”

Default Lot of guns

Trampbag I don't know where you are located but if you want to see alot of guns you should go to the World Shooting complex. Sparta Illinois August 6-16 that is when the Grand American Trap Shoot takes place.
    There is a rep. from every major gun manufacturer. You can't buy from them at the show but you can see whats available. Then you have about 100 or so gun dealer that you can buy from at some pretty good deals. I bought a gun for $1400.00 shot it for 2 years and got $1295.00 for trade. You can also look at gun that average $6K to $40K and higher but that is way out of my price range!!!

Damn, I really don't know. It fits 3/4” and 5/8” square hardware on one end and 3/8” square hardware and flat brace nuts on the other. I used it to drive lag screws and general hammer work and so I didn’t carry a hammer on distribution. Most every other Bell Wench I ever saw only fit 5/8” hardware and was to light to pound lag screws.

It’s pretty much beat up right now and I tried to replace it about 3 years ago. Apparently Klein don’t make it any more. No matter, it’s pretty much in storage. What with all the hydraulic tools on the bucket today and the battery operated torque wrenches a lot of guys are carrying, and many utilities are going to hex nuts the Ol’ Bell Wrench is getting relegated to the bottom of the side bin. ‘Sides it’s getting pretty much beat up.

I kinda know the feeling …. beat up and relegated to a side bin.

I guess that is why I’m looking more towards fishing poles and shotguns these days. That fly fishing thing though… it’s pretty much got me beat. I can catch the flies and hog tie them on them hook, well most of the time, but after I whip that line around a couple of times like I see them other fishermen doing I get a bare hook. The damn fly has pretty much broken up and all I got left is a bare hook. It don’t matter what knot I use – timber hitch, clove hitch, round turn and 2 half hitches. I’ve even tried a Monkeys Fist.

There has got to be some technique these guys are using that I ain’t caught on to yet.

Featured Sponsorr

Tramp, check out http://www.gunbroker.com/ if you haven't already. Lots of nice stuff. Also http://www.cheaperthandirt.com has great prices on ammo. I picked up 1000 rds of Wolf 7.62x39mm for $220. Maybe save some cash for ya!