Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Featured Sponsor

Very Sad
    Thoughts and prayers to the families.

This is a tragic reminder that linework is so unforgiving. Please...... Brothers work safe everyday and stay focused. No job is so important that any corners need to be cut to get it done. You won't get a second chance with high voltage.

My thoughts go out to the guys family. One is too many, we have had far too many this year.

More sad news about more lost brothers, thought and prayers to the families and friends.

Think out your jobs and be safe, we've lost enough already.

Default Salt Lake Deaths

I talked to the GF for the Mt Power ,he didn't want to say anything,which is understandable. I also talked to a union rep, he says Utah runs 3 man crews and that the Foreman wasn't on scene!!!! According to the local rep the ape was in flames for a while, and the lineman unable to help.The lady in the clip was the home owner and the one to call 911! E.S.

Was it accurate that the guy in the vid rescuing was the local shooter presumably responding to an outage?

If the foreman left two apprentices to work around energized conductor with no groundman or supervision he should be strung up. That video was one of the saddest things I have ever seen. The troubleman who showed up gets much credit for performing the rescue. I just can't get beyond the two guys in hooks with no one on the ground to help out if something went wrong.

Default JL still with us

I am happy to report that I was given wrong information that I had been told was true(not just rumor).

I spoked with the JL's brother's foreman and was told that the JL was receiving skin grafts but that there was no movement in one arm.

I am deeply apologetic for giving out the wrong info.

C

Been off the boards for a while...first I've heard of this!

My heartfelt prayers and condolences to the family, friends and co-workers!

9. Default Local Lineman

I am a lineman for the power company here in Utah. The Foreman was not on site when the accident ocurred which left a un-approved apprentice on the ground as an observer. We do not run three man crews here in Utah, in fact we must have an Qualified observer (foreman) on the ground in whose job is to do NOTHING but observe whenever hot work is being performed.
    The Mountain Power crew was doing backyard arm change outs when this occured. This pole had a can on it and a single phase buck on it. The line was being fed from the buck to the line arm (TRAP). They opened the feed to the buck arm thinking that it killed the tap line BUT DIDNT TEST AND GROUND IT!
    This is a sad and devastating accident which could have been prevented. I have heard the last few days how Mountain Power is an unsafe company and how this is their fault. I am not defending Mountain Power because I have never heard a good thing about them, but as Journeyman Lineman and Bothers in this trade, WE NEED TO TAKE CARE OF OURSELVES!!!!!! Please men, do not take shortcuts!!! We are trained and taught these procedures for a reason. IF ITS NOT GROUNDED ITS NOT DEAD!!!

GOD BLESS THESE TWO BROTHERS AND THEIR FAMILIES

Featured Sponsorr

The biggest question I have about this accident. Who was the foreman? And, where was he? Mtn Pwr as a rep for being an unsafe contractor. I worked for them 10 yrs ago in
    Wa and the were ratty then. We need to identify the hands that are killing and maiming our brothers. Hopefully Local 57 will e-board the man responsible.