Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lest we forget.

Default Lest we forget.

Featured Sponsor

I will not.
    Last edited by 1sully; 06-16-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Like it says on my Brain bucket..........

WE WILL NEVER FORGET...NOR FORGIVE!!!!!!!!

Many Thanks to all who serve this country!!!!!!

I'm with ya!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Excelent program on the history channel tonight. But I'm sure the ones who have forgotten wouldn't have watched. I guess those same people don't believe that if we don't go after those who want to harm us will do it HERE again.
    To all those that are serving and going in harms way for us THANK YOU.

343 NEVER FORGET

Default I wonder

Do you mean those who don't agree with us going into Iraq? That big lie, to us all. What about forgetting about the places that did help like Afghanistan? What about getting Bin Laden, and tha Taliban? I think Mr. Big $hithead Bush forgot all about that. It's only been 7 years. So how safe are we there Buddy? I mean since you can remember.

Default 500

If you are refuring to me I remember alot of things. The fierst WTC bombing,The embassey bombings, the attack on the USS COLE. Not much of a response from our government. Not untill 9-11-01 did we finally take a stand and go after those who would do us harm. You know the same people who think its ok to behead hostages, kill women and children, talk young men and women into blowing themselves up.
    I know when you wait to long to act it usually cost alot more to fix the problem then if you deal with it right away. You know like it or not I think comparing it to WW II is fair. Didn't take Hitler serious soon enough and it cost the world alot more to get rid of him. You HAVE to remember that it wasn't just the lifes of allied troops but the lifes of all civilians, Poles, Jews, Russians, anybody they deemed unworthy or whatever they thought they could justifiy.
    Every time you get rid of one school yard bullie another one will eventually show up. Its not easy or popular doing the right thing. What other country besides the U.S. helps the rest of the world like we do. Who sends more aid during natural desasters than we do and other countries still hate us and we continue to do it anyway.
    As a country our goverment, just like us as individuals, make mistakes and sometimes they are big ones. The war on terror is not like any other war we have ever been in. People on the home front have not been asked to make any REAL sacrificies like in WW II. The only ones really afected are the faimlies of our service men and women and those who are in uniform. I've got two kids and four nephews in the service. It would be nice if all I ever had to worry about them is that they had to go help at some natural desaster. BUT THATS NOT THE REAL WORLD!

Default I agree

The world is complicated. I think we complicate it alot ourselves. We did need to do something to protect ourselves, but as you said the war on terror is unlike anything we were experienced with before. We did not need to respond as we did to Iraq.

Iraq was a lie from the beginning. It has become so obvious what is going on. The american people placed trust in the President and look what that trust has bought us.

How safe would we be now if the money spent in Iraq would have been spent on domestic programs. Any program we would have wanted. Steak and lobster in our kids school lunch programs would have been possible with the money we have already spent 4 years ago.

I believe in protecting this country and its citizens. I wish soldiers around the world could be protected, but that is the nature of their jobs. They are in dangerous situations and have placed themselves there voluntarily via the all volunteer service. There is no draft. They are in a nest of hornets and sometimes they get stung. I don't like it, and I wish we lived in a world like Disneyworld but that too is UNREALISTIC isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
    Every time you get rid of one school yard bullie another one will eventually show up. Its not easy or popular doing the right thing. What other country besides the U.S. helps the rest of the world like we do. Who sends more aid during natural desasters than we do and other countries still hate us and we continue to do it anyway.
    As a country our goverment, just like us as individuals, make mistakes and sometimes they are big ones. The war on terror is not like any other war we have ever been in. People on the home front have not been asked to make any REAL sacrificies like in WW II. The only ones really afected are the faimlies of our service men and women and those who are in uniform. I've got two kids and four nephews in the service. It would be nice if all I ever had to worry about them is that they had to go help at some natural desaster. BUT THATS NOT THE REAL WORLD!
    So, who are you voting for in November graybeard? I'm pretty sure I know.

I wanted to start a thread to our military guys or to our vets. I've found in the past that those active in service usually can't give an opinion. To me, those are the ones I want an honest opinion from. They are the ones making a sacrifice.

Many families and civilians want our men and women in the service home. Many have made the ultimate sacrifice. Many of our men and women have seen first hand the loss of their comrades, and I wonder what runs through their minds.

Is our country doing the right thing? Are we helping by being there? Are we saving our country? Are we fighting for a country that really needs us? Or will it be all for nothing? Does our country even care that we are here? If I could come back, after my death, what would I tell the American people and my family what I died for?

Yeah, those kind of questions is what I'd like to get answers on. Those that are facing the battle are the ones I would really like to hear from. Know what I mean? I could careless what a democrat or a republican has to say. I would rather hear from the trenches.
    Last edited by LostArt; 09-13-2008 at 11:44 AM.

Default La

I'm an INDEPENDENT and try to find the BEST candidate. The draw back to our system is that there may not be a GOOD candidate to vote for so you end up picking the one who comes closest to your own values and believe's.
    You're proubly guessing right on Mc Cain. Not my first choice but I think better than Obama. I think both the Dems and Reps. have let us down and unfortunatly the days of T.R. F.D.R. and J.F.K. are gone in American politics.I've kind of always gone my own way I'm the union steward and firmly believe in unions. They have done alot of good for our industry but we don't police ourselves very well. We don't pick our battles very well but that seems to be from egos and greed.
    I belong to the American Legion Riders and The Patiot Gaurd Riders and have had the honor to visit with servicemen who have served in Iraq and the majority think it was the right thing to do and we need to finish the job. They tell me that the average Iraqi are just like us. They want a stable gov adn good jobs and watch their kids grow up to lead happy normal lives. I get the impression that the guys don't want it to end up like Nam and not finish what we started. That would be a true waste. It would cost us an allie and that once again we didn't have the backbone to finish what we started (right or wrong like it or not)
    I've rambled on to long, other countries may not like us or wanted us there but I think we've had good intentions in the begining. I'm sure someone can come up with examples of bad things we've done to other countries but I don't feel they can come up with anything that compares to what was done to us on 9-11

Featured Sponsorr

The military has donated more money to the Democrats this season than they have the Republicans. Why?

The hi jackers were actually mostly Saudis, they actually didn't seem to represent any country.

To have went into Afghanistan would have made more sense to me than attacking Iraq. The WMD thing is as phoney as can be.

Hitler represented one country according to what I've read.

Hamas is a terrorist organization. Who do you think is one of their main financial supporters? Would you be surprised to learn it is the Saudis? Who are the Saudis closely connected with? According to every report and news etc. I have read it is actually the Bush family. Numerous photos etc. and news stories showed Prince Bandar being their big buddy and actually learning about many of the Iraqui plans before some of the military.

Are we stupid or what? It's mostly about oil I believe. Who do you think was a bigger threat to the world 8 yrs. ago, Sadam or N. Korea. Does N. Korea have any oil? Not to my knowledge.