Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Rats

Default Rats

Featured Sponsor

I am sorry, but damn, I cant believe how many RATS are on this site! I can understand a guy wanting to get his foot in the door, learning the basics with a rat outfit, but making a career with a rat outfit that pays shitty wages and tosses anyone who may disagree?! I usually dont speak so badly about rat workers, but I read some forums on this site by some "senior members", that are rat enthusiasts, saying we(union workers)are lazy and led by meter readers, werehouse, and office folk!! Need I remind these simple minded idiots, the I.B.E.W. was founded by lineman for lineman, these great men were tired of shitty wages, and working long hours not getting paid those shitty wages, and oh ya, 1 in 2 lineman that went to work in the morning, didnt come home that night!!! So work where you want, but dont talk shit about the founding fathers of our trade!

Thumbs up I got your back Brother.......

I like where this is goin, don't take no shit, welcome to Power lineman .com, and senority don't mean shit on this board, its an open forum, say what ya want and do what ya say.

Default thank you brother!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnbellamy View Post
    I like where this is goin, don't take no shit, welcome to Power lineman .com, and senority don't mean shit on this board, its an open forum, say what ya want and do what ya say.
    I wish more people in this trade would stand up for what they believe in, we would all be better off for it!! Stay safe, vote UNION!!

Default I wish more Union guys would post here....

The people here think every guy that comes to this site reads everything that has been posted in the past, like we were hangin on the every post before you post yourself.

Some guys like myself just typed in the site and start talkin, sayin what they feel, not affraid to say whats on there mind.

You will see in time there are alot of Rats here, and alot of bleedin heart so called Union brothers that will cut into you with there bullshit.

They are vary big on politics, and the bullshit runs deep, Alot of guys think there re inventon the wheel, and some think there intellectuals, or philoshifiers, and some think you must use proper spellin, and grammer, and some think they are funny fu$kers and try to post sinerios so they can show us how dumb we are and what genius motherfuskers they are.

Some are real big on safety, tryin to pussify us.

Me I am just a Union Journeyman lineman, with a lot of issues, and one silver tounged sombitch, thats right POOT, so enjoy the site, and keep postin.

Be see in ya on the board.

Me I am just a Union Journeyman lineman, with a lot of issues, and one silver tounged sombitch, thats right POOT, so enjoy the site, and keep postin.

Be see in ya on the board.

Ummmmmm reckon that went rite over my head. I sho nuff hope you wuznt insinuatin That Ize a rat or a bad union brother.N I dont spect Ize any smarter than anybody on here cept Maybe Swampgas.N fer the rekkerd I jus wanna say rats is whats keepin our wages and benefits down.N fer the life of me I kaint unnerstaand why a man wud werk fer less n deprive his family of the money and benefits that we enjoy.I kno lottsa em start out wif a non union outfit n start learnin the trade but once they get a grasp onnit They needa get busy n join a union so they kin lurn more n earn more.

Default Poot......

You said in one of your post that I wasn't no silver tounged devil, thats all, I'm as silvered tounged as they come, just depends who I'm talken with.

I know your a good Union man, And you ain't as ignant, or unedumacated as you try to come across, Your one of the hands on this board who's posts I actually read and ya got some good points.

Ummmmmm Oh I reckon thats a feather in my hat thanks

so whats wrong with the ones that chose not to work union its our choice our business we dont have to work with you "union gods" so who cares

i remember when the grocery union went on strike in southern california about 5 years ago i remember my neibor hard core union guy lost everything he had over the strike cause he was too proud to cross the picket line over a differnt health insurance program he lost his house, life savings, kids college funds, truck, what did the union do for him??

i work for a coop get good pay great benifets have very good training programs so whats the differnce?

oh and the union corruption city of vallejo, ca just declared bankruptcy because of its crazy spending the police and fire unions were getting paid almost $300 a month for dues per employee so the city board could be filled with union people so how does that look?

what about all theese companies that have outsourced manufacturing to other countries between the union and the epa they had to why should we pay someone to put a nut on bolt with no education absurd amounts of money? im not saying they shouldnt get a fair wage based on there education but you can only pay what the market can bear.

and you cant tell me just cause a shop is a union shop is safer we made almost 2 million hours and the only reason we lost it was because a meter reader got rear ended by a speeding car. and when i was doing goverment contract work i had to turn away more union shops than non union shops on contracts due to there safety record i couldnt use any of the 3 major union utility contractors in southern california because of there safety records i ended up getting a small non union shop to do the work because its all the goverment would let me due to safety

but all this was worthless to write since its like talking to a brick wall
    "she can't satisfy her husband how can she satisfy america?"

Default Mr. Gorbachov.......

"Tear down this wall"

Sorry, was just channel that Union bustin, senile, bed time for bonzo, idiot, ex acter, piece of shit Ronny Reagan.

What to soon?

You really need to read what ya posted there Jake, to blame Unions for the out sorcing of jobs, You really can't fix stupid can you?

I really wish that Rats would really understand where they would really be without Unions and organized labor.

I don't go to the church of "it's all linework" and "we all got families" or "can't we all just get along".

So that wall ain't gettin toar down. Ya Hearin me. So save all that bullshit, and keep kissin that corprate ass.

Ya should thank every Union out there for standin up and doin the right thing ya stupid shit.

But just keep blaming them, cause you really can't fix stupid.

And while I'm on the subject, I see alot a guys here talk alot of shit about illegals, now let me see how this works, they have families, they work hard, yet they are exploited by those who can, cause if they don't do as there told, they starve.

Wow wouldn't it be something if those who exploit them had to pay for there labor, a good wage.

Naw shit that ain't what it's about is it. Those owners are to smart for that, They just buy off a few people, it's alot cheaper, and there just uneducated labor, easily replaced right Jake.

There is no difference in that and what we are talkin here, you think hard about that Jake.
    Last edited by johnbellamy; 09-13-2008 at 02:02 AM.

Default Union - Non Union - Rat

Featured Sponsorr

I love this forum. I dont post a lot but usually check out the current debates on a regular basis. Great entertainment. Y'all are entitled to your opinions and so am I and here it is.

You work non-union ( not by choice ) maybe because where you live you dont have a union shop established and obviously you gotta feed your family or your trying to get started and ya gotta do what ya gotta do to get in the line work door somehow. I will not berate anyone for that.Welcome to line work and check out the benefits of goin union. They're not bad. And we'll welcome you to the brotherhood any time.

You choose to work non union because you dont like unions.... for whatever reason. Whatever. Your choice. Do whatever makes you happy. I dont care and will not bash you for that choice. Unless....you bash me or my brothers for workin union...then game on. OR

you come cross my picket line. That is when you (union or not) become RAT

Remember a few things.
    Yea... I can look back in history and name a number of strikes by differant unions that did not work out to anyones benefit....And....I can name a few that did....however without that legal leverage at contract time ANY union is pretty much wasting their time at the bargaining table. Hopefully a union will be smart enough to use that leverage wisely and only as a last resort. Most have and a few havnt. There have been dumb moves by Unions and dumb moves by Employers. Thats life. Both are run by humans.

Outsourcing in this country has nothing to do with whether or not the labor force is making union negotiated wages or not. The places our work is being outsourced to ...pay far less than either.

Non union muni's rea's utilities whatever... do not want to deal with unions and have to give up their total control of the workforce.Therefor, they will pay compareble wages and benefits to try and keep their workforce appeased and NOT sniffin around for representation.

If your workin non union ( not by choice) and want to look into organizing, there is help available.

If you want to work in a non-union enviroment that may pay decent wages and benefits.... fine, your choice....just dont forget they are based on what was negotiated by your union neighbors. Only differance is..... my wages and benefits are guarenteed. Yours isnt.

To reiterate.....workin non union doesnt make you a RAT in my book.....Crossin my picket line does.