Thread: arms and poles

1. Default arms and poles

Featured Sponsor

anybody have pictures or plans of things they have built with arms and poles? sheds,fence lines, polebarns,retaining walls,horse shoe pits

No pics, but the guy I work with recently made a clothesline... that turned out nice!

Then you go around his house and all you see is fences made with poles, his front awning being held up with crossarms, shop constructed with lattice tower parts, then the latest this morning I saw anchoring down his carport with crossarms and poles.

Hell run out in his pasture and it's anything and everything to do with linework scattered everywhere.

Had a buddy once that made his kids a swing set with em, Had a glider made from arms and fish and swings on fish, I made my kids a tree house outta arms an poles. another feller built a house usin arms for studs. hell fer stout it was. spaced em on 2 ft centers. Also saw a countertop made from ripped Mahagony fish. ran em thru a plainer n then joined em together and Polyurethaned the tops making a beautiful countertop. I spoze yer imagination is the only limitation fer usin that stuff.

4. Default Crossarm Corral

A hand at my co built a corral with crossarms. Problem was they were brand new. A suit drove by and saw it, He's a contractor now.

Built an Adirondack chair out of cedar poles, also a coffee cup stand, plans came off the internet, the chair is at my parents house now, I'll get pics if I can. Used a band saw to cut the poles into planks (wasn't to easy on the ole back though) jointed and planed them smooth, cut to size, walah.

6. Default Game pole

I made a game pole out of a e-lam tramision pole and a dabit arm, anchor and hand line. Worked great for a moose I got two weeks ago.

I have an entire book from the 80s on pole building construction when I dig it out I'll post the name.

Thumbs up poles and arms

Featured Sponsorr

Mainline, speaking of which, I have 110 poles to take out from Gorham to louden sub, if any of your crews in your district want some, let me know. probably taken them out later this year first of next as asoon as the ground frezzes and OFF-TARGET gets the fiber off them.