View Poll Results: What brand of Bucket truck do you like to work out of?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Altec

5 41.67%
  • Duralift

0 0%
  • Lift All

1 8.33%
  • Terex/Hi-Ranger

4 33.33%
  • Other

2 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Lightbulb Preferred manufacturer of bucket trucks

Featured Sponsor

What is your preferred brand of stick to work from for distribution type work? Vote, and then tell us why. Oops, guess I forgot to add Versalift.
    Last edited by Chazz2771; 01-01-2009 at 04:50 PM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Chazz2771 View Post
    What is your preferred brand of stick to work from for distribution type work? Vote, and then tell us why. Oops, guess I forgot to add Versalift.
    You also forgot to mention Posi-Plus. It's a Canadian made brand that was designed with the assistance of Hydro Quebec.
    Once profected they became available across Canada.
    I'm not sure if they are available in the US or not but they are the premium brand around here now.
    They operate by fibre optics and they have extra heavy duty models in their line up.
    Check the web for info.
    The Old Lineman

Posi-plus is a much better boom than Altec, the only problem they have is weight. I know this is only a Canadian issue from talking to sales people from Altec , but Altec not being able to make a jib with 270 degrees of rotation is a big deal up here. Amador was the Cadilac of bucket trucks , but not a big enough market for them too keep going.

I've never heard of them, must only be available in Canada. We got a brand new Altec on our job a couple of months ago. I guess they redesigned some of stuff in the stick, made it a smoother ride and a quicker response time in the pistol grip. It did seem to run nicer than the other ones we've had. Them other older ones though run slow as all hell in the cold weather, even if you put a lighter oil in it. They were jumpy and bouncy too, not a favored quality when you're by the primary. The Hi-Rangers we have though seem to run nice and smooth and respond fairly quickly. I did get the chance to use a Versalift a couple of times, though you don't usually see them on the contractor side too much. They seem like the cat's ass as far as working distribution, seems like they can put you almost anywhere you want. Utility crews we've worked with seem to like them.

Featured Sponsorr

Posi-Plus is probably the tuffest boom I've ever worked out of. They are sold in the US and they are a very dependable rig.
    I'd have a hard time choosing between the Versalift and the Posi.

ALtec's are just a name.... not much of a boom compared to the 2 above.