Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SRP lineman electrocuted in Mesa while doing routine maintenance

Featured Sponsor

Nov. 10, 2008 02:33 PM
    The Arizona Republic
    An SRP lineman was electrocuted Monday morning when he came in contact with live power lines in northeast Mesa.

The lineman, who has not been identified, died at the scene.

Scott Harelson, a spokesman for Salt River Project, said the worker was doing routine maintenance on a 12,000-volt power line up on a mountainside that serves cell phone and radio towers, among other things, when the incident occurred about 10 a.m.

Power was knocked out in the surrounding area when the incident happened, but it has been restored to most locations.

The incident occurred near Hawes Road and Diamond Point, at the foot of the Usury Mountains.

Harelson said such accidents are rare with SRP workers and fatalities are "extremely rare."

The last fatal accident occurred in1985 when an employee was electrocuted at a Phoenix substation near 28th Street and Highland Avenue, Harelson said.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...ution1110.html

2. Default Accident

No such thing as routine work in this trade. Not rare enough Mr. Harelson not rare enough. Sound like a typical cover your ass response by management. May this man rest in peace and his family have peace.

Post Sorry

Rest in peace brother. God bless and sympathies to the family.

Sorry to hear about the loss of another brother, thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull Dog View Post
    No such thing as routine work in this trade. Not rare enough Mr. Harelson not rare enough. Sound like a typical cover your ass response by management. May this man rest in peace and his family have peace.
    You are absolutly right. There is no routine work in this trade. Unfortunately many of us view so much of the work we do as routine-mundane-boring day to day "same ole shit" type work. Thats exactly when the odds are your focus is gonna slide and when most accidents happen. Ya gotta keep your head cut in 100% of the time no matter how dull or simple the job is.

Not sayin thats what happened with this tragedy, we dont know yet.

"Rest in Peace Brother." ( A sadly overused quote this year)

No name for the fallen lineman yet?
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Apparently it was 36 year old Roger Clasby while replacing insulators.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/s...19c4bff78.html
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Default Got to keep the customers on

People wonder why Lineman make the big bucks.
    REST IN PEACE, BROTHER

Southern Indiana is home. But I work all over.

Default How did it happen?

Anyone have any idea how it happend? I was under the impression that all of SRP was done with hot sticks? Am I mistaken?

My prayers to the fallen and their family.

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

Rest in peace our Brother. I worked with these guys durring some California fires and they are the best. Safety first and true journeymen always. Peace.