Default Oil Field Motors.........runnung Backwards

Featured Sponsor

While working restoration from Hurricane Gustav last week, My area had no outages...at the time.....so I was sent about 18 miles south to help the Tman that worked that area....We met up and he gave me some tickets and I went one way, and he the other......several hours later, he called me and I could tell he was having a hard time with something, so I asked if I needed to head his way, he said, 'answer something for me....I got a fuse blown on 3 phase on some AKK wells, and the motors are running backward!!!!!' I asked a few questions like if he had re-fused the phase that was out or if it was closed and holding? His reply was that he hadn't re-fused it yet and was scared to, he'd never seen anything like that happen before!!!!!! I told him to go ahead and re-fuse it, and if it held, check a well or two!!! I an little while, he called and said everything was fine, but he didn't have a clue as to what happened!!!

That line has a bunch of open-delta banks, and quite a few closed delta banks, and that Backfeed thru them was what was causing the problem!!!! It just had totally blown his mind!!!!!

You see some wierd stuff in the oilfield!!!!!!

Were those wye-delta banks?

That's why we float the neut on the high side wye-delta.

Question What kind of pump was it

Featured Sponsorr

Some time's with water pumps, water will rush back into the well, when it fires up, it will run backwards. What ever type of pump it was it might have been in a position when it started it had to run backwards.