Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Troubleman/Serviceman Wage?

Featured Sponsor

What kind of wage are you Troubleman/Servicemen getting out there. Where I work it's 105% of Journeyman Lineman scale.

Default re

same here in lakewood Wa. Pa

3. Default

In our company downunder we are on good dollars about $8 a hour over standard lineman fitter money, we are near top technician pay scale and when you add shift allowance weekend penalites and overtime it really makes it worthwhile being a troubleman these days.

We make the same as a grade 1 lineman per hr and believe me we're not happy about it. Union response is that we have built in o.t and that makes up the difference.I had about 1200hrs of o.t for 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by glovenlove13kva View Post
    We make the same as a grade 1 lineman per hr and believe me we're not happy about it. Union response is that we have built in o.t and that makes up the difference.I had about 1200hrs of o.t for 2008.
    I hate that responce, you have to work it to get it. Never has made since to me. We make the same as a foreman, about a dollar more than a lineman. The lineman does have a chance to watch call, that pays 500 a week.

Default fpl

@ fpl a troubleman makes a whopping .44 cents an hour more then a lineman...pretty pathetic.

7. Default Trouble man

I have to agree the ot makes up for it. Most of the guys were running out the door when the radio call came, but we had to take care of it. Part of the job if you don't want it give it to some one else. I could cut my own path and the boss let me do what ever I wanted as long as we responded when called. Seemed like a good deal to me.

Default t-man pay

Where I worked the t-man made less than foremans and some linemen on crews even we had more time than some.The co.answer to this was that the foremans had the crew to watch over plus other stuff.They since we did have no one with us that we did get foreman pay.Who was watching us while we climb or work out of bucket on hot stuff?? It was so unfair to all the t-man.Plus the t-man knew the system and cust.better than most of the foreman???

any t-man who climbs alone or works primary voltage alone is an idiot..

Default t-man pay

Featured Sponsorr

Up here in Manitoba Canada we get paid regular lineman rate and when we
    are on call we get a shitty stand-by rate of $22.60 per day on reg. work days, and $48.61 per day on the weekend. Callouts have a 3hr minimum at double time but it is not uncommon to get skunked. we are on call for large rural areas could drive 3hrs one way to get to a call or even have to fly in
    to isolated northern areas by plane. If we dont get any calls we are tyed to a phone for a week for $210 taxable, and dont get me started on the tax we pay here.
    Last edited by crazylegs; 03-25-2009 at 09:04 PM.