Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Default Is Leon Panetta calling Nancy a liar?

Featured Sponsor

Panetta repeated in his letter to CIA staff that the agency's response to congressional inquiries show that "our contemporaneous records from September 2002 indicate that CIA officers briefed truthfully on the interrogation of Abu Zubaydah, describing 'the enhanced techniques that had been employed.' Ultimately, it is up to Congress to evaluate all the evidence and reach its own conclusions about what happened."

why all the outrage over enemy combatants being tortured? what about our people? americans being dragged thru streets, hung from bridges and burned,beheaded, etc. why is it ok for any one we are at war with to torture the hell out of our people but not the other way around?oh, by the way in case you guys havent noticed,still no draft.

President Obama at his Hundred Day White House séance proclaimed waterboarding to be torture. His was a clear, unambiguous, declarative statement. In making that statement, he opened up former President Bush and former Vice President Cheney to criminal prosecutions, here and before an international criminal court. And not just these men, but possibly hundreds of others, including members of Congress from his own party.

Cliff May, of the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies, takes a different approach to the question of whether waterboarding is torture or not. May was badgered by The Daily Show’s Jon Stewart. May’s answer is not as yes/no, as on/off as President Obama’s. May said it depends. May’s answer was more nuanced. Liberals used to like nuance, but that was when John Kerry was nuancing. Here’s how it went:

Jon Stewart: But answer my question: Is waterboarding torture? Yes or no?

Cliff May: Defining torture is not easy. A simple legal definition is that it “shocks the conscience.” Cutting off Daniel Pearl’s head on videotape — that shocks my conscience. Sending a child out as a suicide bomber — that shocks my conscience. People jumping off the World Trade Towers because they’d rather die that way than by burning — that shocks my conscience.

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, mastermind of the 9/11 atrocities, gagging for a few minutes and, as a result, providing information that saves lives, then going back to his cell for dinner and a movie — no, my conscience is not shocked by that.

Are our consciences shocked by subjecting KSM to waterboarding? Apparently, this enhanced interrogation technique didn’t shock the consciences of members of Congress who were briefed on its planned use. Some of us need to re-play those tapes of cell phone calls by people trapped in the World Trade Towers.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Of course we could have used alternative methods. Helen Thomas, the mother of all liberal women.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SBatts View Post
    Obama is doing more in 120 to protect the troops than cheney and his puppet did in 8 goddamned years your fu[king jerk. Number one he got rid of the Afghanistan command that didn't know his a$$ from a hole in the ground and puts someone in charge that turned around Iraq.
    Two he is cutting unused and unwanted expensive jets and trinkets and putting the money in ground troops. So swampsh!t show me one goddammed thing Obama did to hurt the troops. You rotten scum shucking so me.
    He has reversed quite a few of his positions on recommendations for his commanders 0N the ground.
    At least he can change his mind when it is needed.

So stick it in your A$$ SwampSH!T

Here is what dubya thought of American Troops and American in general.
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/b...fingerflip.htm
    Hey! I saw that flick! Didn't slick Willie have a small role in that movie?

Oh yeah, by the way... He was giving you the finger, Battman! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Dave@PSE&G; 05-17-2009 at 10:32 PM.

Those pics of Pelosi are GREAT, thanks for sharing those. If its alright with you Swamp, I would like to copy those and post them on my fishing website, where the lib's are few and far between.
    Transmission Line Clearance
    Phoenix Arizona

I bet Pelosi would last longer during waterboarding than Repub Mancow ( Radio Host) did.hahah, I loved that pic ealier SBatts
    HAPPY HOUR is the HOUR AFTER EVERYONE from HAPPY HOUR has LEFT.

Default It's true

Everything a republican says. If they say it, it's Gospel!

The truth is that a republican will say or do anything he can to avert all atention away from them and to cause as much mischief and damage to the opponent as possible. The truth is not going to get in the way of that effort.

The CIA briefs Congress as little as possible. If a congressman/woman does not ask specific questions, they will not get any information. The President of the United States is the only person who gets all the information. PERIOD!

From what I've read that I deem reliable information, nobody can say that torture was discussed as have been used at all. Every one of those Republican congressmen who said they had knowledge from those briefings need to show their proof of it.

You cannot prove that you didn't hear something Mr Baehnor or however you spell your name. I spell it IDIOT! Talk about a joke. You weren't even there, and the only one you can produce that was there ended up being a part of the torture as an appointee to the CIA from the Bushwacked administration. Yep he's real reliable.

Republicans need to offer a real solution to whats going on in this country right now instead of just saying NO, and distracting the country away from your incompetence with all these parlor tricks you do so well.

Keep it up and nobody but jackoffs like gingrich and limbutt et al... will want to be a part of your party. You'll still have Jindall though. That's too funny!

Aye, we are all doomed. The end is nigh. The USA is no more. We will be hit again and hit hard.

Tis time for all good Replicans to pack their bags and head out. Maybe there is a part of Antarctica where you can settle. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out and be sure to take Rush and Cheney with you. Maybe the buzz of your continous whining will finish melting the ice there. Just think, you can stage Penguin races and do lots of ice fishing. Avoir, Bon Amis.

Featured Sponsorr

I know, I know Swimp. But that damn whining is getting on my nerves.