Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Featured Sponsor

If weeve really is a union man and not a company plant, which I think he is. I never heard the hall say, yea thats fine you can have anything you want. The guys tried their hardest not to lose anything and when they had a good alternative the company wasn't interested. If your going to be mad ,be mad at the company for wanting to take bennies from us while they made a BILLION and get mulimillion bonus'es. I guess CEOs and CFOs are the ones who earned the JD POWER awards and the ones the customers thank when the lites come back on. Me, I'm mad at the company for treating me like a liability instead of an asset. Don't run a utility have a CASH COW INSTEAD.

2. Default

THE REASON THE COMPANY WAS ALLOWED TO TAKE BENEFITS FROM THE LOCAL 499 MEMBERS AND 109 MEMBERS WAS BECAUSE THE LOCAL UNION NEGOTIATING COMMITTEE FROM 499 AND 109 BOUGHT THIS LAST BEST AND FINAL CONTRACT OFFER TO THE FLOOR FOR A VOTE.

IT WASN'T THE COMPANY, THE COMPANY PLAYED THEIR POKER HAND!!!!!! AND WON BIG TIME. THE HEADS OF THE LOCALS FOLDED BIG TIME,THEY DIDN'T EVEN TRY ANOTHER HAND. YES THE LOCAL MEMBERSHIP GAVE THE COMPANY THE RIGHT TO TAKE BENEFITS FROM THE MEMBERS OF THE LOCALS BUT ONLY BECAUSE IT WAS BOUGHT TO THE FLOOR FOR A VOTE.

AFTER ALL THE SCARE TACTICS THE MEMBERSHIP VOTED YES FOR THE CONTRACT.

BUT THEN AGAIN, NOW LETS TAKE IT A STEP FURTHER SHALL WE.

THEIR IS OVER 800 MEMBERS THAT ARE OVER 50YRS OF AGE GUESS WHAT, THE ONLY THING THAT CHANGED FOR THEM IS 80/20 MEDICAL COSTS, PRESCRIPTION COSTS. BUT THAT GROUP IS GRANDFATHERED IN AS FAR AS PENSION GOES.

THEIR IS ONLY 400 MEMBERS THAT ARE 50 TO 40 YEAR OLD BRACKET. GUESS WHAT ITS A 2 TO 1 VOTE RATIO ASSUMING ALL VOTED.

THEN THEIR IS ONLY 100 OR SO MEMBERS THAT ARE 40 TO 18 YEAR OLD LOOK AT THAT VOTE DISPARITY. 8 TO 1

YOU KNOW THE COMPANY KNEW THOSE NUMBERS.

SO YES GRAYBEARD YOU FALL INTO THE OVER 50 CROWD, I KNOW, I WILL HERE IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN, WHEN ASKED OF YOU,HOW DID YOU VOTE GRAYBEARD,WILL YOU RESPOND I VOTED NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HOPE ALLS CONSCIOUS IS CLEAR. AND OH BY THE WAY, MAYBE BY YOUR YES VOTE YOU ARE A COMPANY MAN, AS WELL MY FRIEND

THE COMPANY NEEDED YOU MY FRIEND IN WHICH IT APPEARS YOU BEFRIENDED THEM BY YOUR VOTE
    Last edited by weevy; 04-18-2009 at 11:31 PM.

I'm not responding to your PMs. I am over 50 and I voted to reject and I AM PART OF MY LOCAL. AS for as undermining your intelegents your doing a fine job all on your own.

4. Default

Just Like I Thought When Asked Of Graybeard How Did You Vote, He Voted To Reject. That Is 1 Out Of 800. Now All I Need To Know Is How The Other 799 Over 50 Yr Olds Voted.

I Can Only Assume Then That When Asked, How Did They Vote?they As Well Voted To, Reject!!!!

You See Graybeard, It Is Precisely This Type Of Mindset That You Possess, Is Why Company's Like Mid American Energy, Florida Power And Light And Etc Are Getting By Doing What They Are Doing. Gravely Affecting Union Members.

PS: I DON'T WANT YOU TO ANSWER MY PM'S TO YOU. WHAT? YOU HAVE ONLY 8 YEARS TO RETIREMENT WITH FULL PENSION BENEFITS. I KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY. YOU WILL DEFEND YOUR BELOVED LOCAL. BUT DON'T GET TO COMFY WITH YOUR RETIREMENT BECAUSE IF YOU READ THE NEW CONTRACT THEIR IS NO LANGUAGE OF LUMP SUM PAYMENTS LIKE LAST TIME. MAYBE WHEN ALL OF YOU RETIRE, THOSE OF US THAT ARE LEFT WILL BE GIVEN THE CHANCE TO VOTE YOUR FUTURE. WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY SHOULD CONTINUE YOUR RETIREMENT IN YOUR ELDER AGE. GUESS WHAT I WILL PROBABLY VOTE TO REJECT!!!! [B]
    NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by weevy; 04-18-2009 at 11:41 PM.

Weevy all you do is whine and complain and not listen. No mater what it is its someone elses fault. I'm glad you don't work in our shop they we have guys that live in the real world and not whatever la la land you live in. If you are so misrable quit and move on. Or heres a thought, quit looking for simpathy here and get involved in your local. Nothing is stopping you from running for a union office.

I think Weevy has a right to be upset and yes, he will have his chance in later contracts to get revenge against the over 50 crowd.

I think when the company put out the alternative plan (last, best, and final), the committee had to bring it for a vote. They did not recommend the contract because it discriminates against an age group.

I'm just wondering you guys' thoughts on how much we would be able to hurt the company by striking or being locked out? Would it have helped other locals' negotitions by going on strike?

joensie

Quote Originally Posted by johnbellamy View Post
    Let me know how to fix it. What I am doin ain't workin.
    John...You cant fix it...I cant fix it...as much as any one of us on an individual basis wants to fix it...it appears it just aint fixable anymore. I was raised by the oldtimers and now I are one. When I started out as a meter reader, then a grunt, then an equipment operator, then an ape I was taught to support the linemen on a contract vote. And did. And so did all the other support classifications including the steam plant. And in turn, when the plant needed something, the line side held out and supported them. Good process and it worked. It aint that way anymore. Everyone is voting thir own agendas now days and it obviously has got bargaining units split in so many directions that there is not even a chance to form a united front against a corporate raping of the workin hands anymore.

When only one side fights at bargaining, they win everytime.

I'll hook up with ya at the "blue" one of these days for a beer and talk about the "good old days"

8. Default

im sure other companies are watching what happened there

Quote Originally Posted by IN THE SHADOWS View Post
    John...You cant fix it...I cant fix it...as much as any one of us on an individual basis wants to fix it...it appears it just aint fixable anymore. I was raised by the oldtimers and now I are one. When I started out as a meter reader, then a grunt, then an equipment operator, then an ape I was taught to support the linemen on a contract vote. And did. And so did all the other support classifications including the steam plant. And in turn, when the plant needed something, the line side held out and supported them. Good process and it worked. It aint that way anymore. Everyone is voting thir own agendas now days and it obviously has got bargaining units split in so many directions that there is not even a chance to form a united front against a corporate raping of the workin hands anymore.

When only one side fights at bargaining, they win everytime.

You said it best!

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by splicerjohn View Post
    im sure other companies are watching what happened there
    Of course they watch this sight. Thats why its such a brilliant idea for some Einsteins (ie: Weevy) to post all their Union's business here out in the open to assist the Company side.