1. Default Ibew Local 499 & 109 Ratify Contract, We Just Took Ten Steps Backwards

Featured Sponsor

Well the day we have been waiting for has come and has almost gone. It is with deep regret, that I must inform all of you, that the Union Membership of IBEW Locals, 499 & 109, have taken the awful step of voting in the Mid American Energy's Last, Best And Final Offer.

By this vote, it appears that we as a Union, have turned the hands of time backwards, with possibly never regaining what was previously hard fought to obtain. That is PENSION BENEFITS FOR ALL, MEDICAL COVERAGE FOR ALL, AND ALL OTHER WORKING CONDITIONS, THAT WAS BENEFICIAL TO THE WORKING MAN AND WOMAN.

Their is Rejoicing in Omaha Nebraska, the cash is starting to flow in by the truckload after this vote. They Union Membership just gave the 2nd richest man in the world, 3.25% of hourly raises back to the company. We were normally accustomed to receiving 3% per year for each yr of the contract.

This new contract is 1.75% raise for every year of the contract for a grand total of 5.25% So in simple math terms 9%-5.25%= 3.75%

So for the 1600 union members it will go like this:

For every hour you work the next 3 years, overtime included, you will be giving back to the company 3.75% in real money. The reason I state that had we held out we may have gotten what we normally would have gotten.

We will be giving back hard earned money now, paying the 80/20 out of pocket expense. We have already fallen behind with that.

But the kicker is the Pension Benefits. I can't even equate what that will send back to Omaha.

Also let me not forget the meals more money going back to Omaha.

IN THE END ALL WE GOT WAS TO KEEP OUR JOBS THAT ARE PAYING UNDER THE STANDARD WAGES FOR WHAT WE DO IN THE MIDWEST. LOOK AT THE PAY SCALE IN IOWA COMPARED TO OTHER MIDWESTERN STATES.

OMAHA IS REJOICING BECAUSE THESE IOWANS JUST SENT A WHOLE LOT OF MONEY BACK TO THE BIG RED STATE.

Default Been there done that

Featured Sponsorr

I feel bad for all involved. Been there done that. Watched all the hard work over the years go right down the tubes. The union did not stick together. JCP&L fought a long hard battle while our brothers sat back hoping we could win the war and pave the way for them. The unions could have joined forces when the adjoining locals contract also came up when we were on strike....they chose to extend their contract and wait for ours to be settled. We lost our shirts. Big joke got no where. The moral at work was awful. Everyone hated coming to work. Its like saying its OK to be abused, just keep taking the beating and saying but there is a roof over my head. I bet your fat a$$ VP's did not take a cut in pay.