Thread: Battery Cutters

Default Battery Cutters

Featured Sponsor

Hey guys, just looking for some feed back... From the battery operated cutters on the market today, what draw backs related to cutting abilities have you found or experienced?? And as for a cutter that does everything what realistic sizes would you expect the tool to cut?? My whole idea here is to limit the amount of tools you would have to haul around and a cutter that can cut everything reliably and also be somewhat affordable. Let me know your thougts and ideas....

I have used your product as well others out on the market . As far as I am concerned these battery powered tools revolutionized my work performance and safety.

Default Glad to hear it

I am glad to hear our work is making a differnce in the industry. Do you find any limitations in cutting capability? What Cutter out of our lineup would you like to see beefed up and juiced??

A cutting head as one of the interchangeable dies would eliminate keeping another tool in your bag.Haven't seen it yet if its out there.Meat!

I like the narrow longer type,,they get into tighter spaces,like secondarys on pad mounts,,,,,maybe a more rubberised version would be great,,,,,ya drop one and you never here the end of it,,good product,,thanks

Default cutters

Yea, we have a set of dies that act as cutting blades but they are only good for 4/0 acsr and 500mcm copper. We are looking at making a new set of blades for our existing cutters that will cut much harder material.

We have the REC-558U and the REC-50U. Love them, they have revolutionized the industry. I do have several comments. Anyway to make these tools lighter? Without losing the strength and durability. Also possibly rubberizing them?

Default tools

As for rubberizing the tools we do offer the heads coated in a rubber layer that is rated at 75kv. As for making the tool lighter, the only way to do that is to use either more expensive parts made of forged aluminum, or use cheaper plastic which will make the tools break easier. I am pushing hard to make the REC-54 cut pretty much anything and everything and it only weighs about 6lbs.

Personally I think a seperate cutter seems like it would be stronger. As for me if it cut 795 acsr,bolts, and grnd rods that would be great. The other thing would be so you can use it in pad mounts and any other tight places. If you could change heads fast and easy that would be great, as long as its not like the one that was on the GATOR. It always broke or jambed.

Default Great tools

Featured Sponsorr

We use a variety of cutters and crimpers that Huskie makes. AWESOME products. I would like to see one that cuts ground rods, guy wire (up to 1/2 inch), 7#8 alumaweld, up to 795 ACSR, and up to 1000 KCMIL 15KV primary cable. Probably a little too much in that wish list but if it were possible I know more than me would want a set of them.

We also like the "parrot nose" crimpers as well since they get in tighter spaces and are easily operated one handed.