Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default FR Carhart Jeans

Featured Sponsor

Anyone wearing them? How is it working out? The Boss has said for the last few months that it was coming (wearing FR jeans/pants) and it finally reached his work. The shirts haven't made it here yet, but it's on the way....sometime.

So, is anyone here wearing them? How are they working out for you?

2. Default

we have to wear full fr when working on energized things, have a few pairs of carhart jeans little heavy and get hot when it is hot out, they last tho bulwark makes a nice pair that are lighter more comfortable, all fr is hot tho when its 90 degress out and you are in gloves and sleeves

Have 3 pairs of fr carhartt pants, wash them after each days use. Have had them for 7 months and seem to be holding up very well. I have the ones with utility pockets on both sides, just big enough for kleins. They area thin denim, and seem to be cool on the hotter days.

You wash them every day???? It might be worth checking the manufacturers data about how washing may affect the flame resistance of some garments. I know that here in the UK our Proban treated stuff loses it's effectiveness over time and has to be washed with specific detergents.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

We wear FR jeans. Most of the guys use bulwark. I like them. They're tough and comfortable.

I wash them after every use (that's a lie--my wife does), but, as with all FR clothes--NO DRYER SHEETS OR LIQUID FABRIC SOFTENER. They leave a flammable film to reduce static cling.

Carharts are overpriced they sell for 70 a pair here and for 50 you can get some made pretty much the same I bleve the fabric is called excell or maybe thats the brand. Around here the only reason people wear em is because of the saftey rules requiring it. The fact that after a multitude of washing they lose the FR quality dont seem to bother a saftey man. I spoze if you could just buy a small triangular patch and sew it on a Pair of Wranglers you would be ok. Oh and yes Wrangler makes some FR stuff also.
    I worked for 35 years in tee shirts and levis ,never had a prollem but overnight that attire became unsafe. Ittsa shame what they are doin to our trade tryin to bullet proof it

Thanks for all the responses guys.

The boss has worn Carhartts for the last 8 yrs or so. Levis was his brand before then. Over time they changed sizes on him. Yeah, I'm grinning. I didn't touch that! But, in the boss's defense, Carhartts make the odd sizes that he likes. He has worn the same size for the last 10 yrs or so, except when he first started working in Gainesville. Living away from home(before we moved), I guess. It's not my cooking! He is always saying I can't cook.

I've not asked him about these jeans---the maintenance on them. So, no fabric softner or dryer sheets, eh? I'm thinking to myself, "Does HE know THIS????" I always have to wash anything new before it hits his baby skin. Heh.

Poot, Carhartts aren't 70 bucks here! Good grief, the boss would have a stroke. We pay (for regular---not FR) around 25 to 30 for his. And we usually order 4 to 5 pairs at a time.

Yeah, I'd be interested to know how these FR Carhartts hold out. Oh, and they are BLACK! The Boss doesn't wear black. It's always been blue.

Quote Originally Posted by LostArt View Post
    I've not asked him about these jeans---the maintenance on them. So, no fabric softner or dryer sheets, eh? I'm thinking to myself, "Does HE know THIS????" I always have to wash anything new before it hits his baby skin. Heh.
    Given his known reaction to cleaning advice labels I'm not surprised.

I wonder what they put on these fabrics to make them easier to process during the garment manufacture. I'm guessing some kind of surface coating that makes them slide through the machines better. The boss isn't the only one who has to wash some brands of clothing before wearing them for the first time.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

LA the 70 dollar carharts are FR and they come in blue also,Best prices I have found are 40 for an Fr shirt and 49 for FR jeans. Walmart even started carryiin the shirts.And Academy sporting goods store carries the FR carhart jeans. I gotta website that I order my stuff from , So you basically hafta wear a c-note to work everyday. I can remember when I didnt make that much in a week.

Featured Sponsorr

He sent them back, they were too baggy. Also, they were a very dark blue. I guess I'm colored blind. I haven't seen any that dark in a coon's age.

I think this is worse than being fitted at Men's Warehouse for him.