Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. Default so...... Im a woman trying for Lineman

Featured Sponsor

Ok guys. Considering I am probably 1 in a million, I desperatly want to be a Journeyman Lineman! I will be submitting my app to the California / Nevada JATC and was wondring if yall had any advice for me.

2. Default

Thing is I know Im going to get a fair amount of abuse for even attempting it!!!!! I'll be even lower than the grunts! But I dont care. I want to know what you guys think of a gal trying to come in and do this type of work with you? Have you seen many succeed? What can I expect? You all have aliases so can I have a bit of honesty?

3. Default

There have been a couple threads on the subject, but I think the concensus was that most don't care if you are a woman as long as you can do the job and aren't prissy. Usually the ones that make it are hardnosed women.

The fact you know you'll have to prove yourself is good.

Good luck and best of luck.

Brad

Ummm Ive seen a few try but they were never cut out for this work.I spoze lil thangs like ummmmmmmmmm that time of the month mite hamper em some, Oh n Modesty kinda werks againt em too. I member once we hadda gal who happened to be blessed with ummmmmm way large earlobes n she inadvertantly stepped on a underground hornets nest, Needless to say they went straight fer the mammaries n stung her purdy bad. She would not allow anyone to administer first aid( which consisted of some kinda sting kill stuff we had just for that purpose and she didnt trust the crew enuff to get in the crewcab and doctor herself.She hadda call for a truck to come n get her n take her in to a ladies room so she could do it herself. I felt sorry for her and she was in lottsa pain and hadda prolong it to get by herself. There are no ladies facilities anywhere on a linecrew.I did hear of one gal that was spozta be top notch however rumor had it that she was ummmmmm kinda butch.
    My advice to you is that if you expect linemen to cut you even the smallest amount of slack then do sumpin else. There are only so many spots on a linecrew and if even one guy aint pullin his weight the others hafta carry their load as well as his( makes no difference if yer male or female) And above all remember that you are dealing with men in thier element and mite be exposed to some pretty descriptive language, If that would offend you yer inna wrong place.

5. Default

See Im cool with all that! And.......I always find a work around for everything. For instance.......Im not gonna lie I have the same "top heavy" problem as the other chick but have no problem having aid administered to that region or any other when necessary. I dont care whose watching! I'm no skank though ya know. I doubt very seriously ANY of you were turned on by the fact that she was swollen and in so much pain. I know that you are "your brothers keeper."
    As far as monthly's are concerned.....birth control can sort that so you dont get one each month! Been doin that for years. Cant remember when the last time was I had one.
    I'm stronger than your average 5'6 135lb gal. Im at the gym everyday (thats right including sat and sun) doing free weight training for upper and lower body as well as cardio for endurance because I know this is no easy job. Average time spent in the gym is 1.5 - 2 hrs a day. So far what Ive read is not so bad.

KEEP EM COMIN. I WANNA HEAR ALL THE LADY HORROR STORIES. Just dont exaggerate please yall I want to get a real picture of what Im in for. Also what will help increase my chances. In addition to study and physical strength training what else should I be doing? What can I expect?

THANX FOR THAT

Default please..

i am 100% against a woman TRYING to be lineman..call me a sexist,that's fine,you are probably right..i have seen a few try this and fail miserably.and i have seen the one's carried through their apprenticeship to go on to be horrible lineman who come up with every excuse to get out of doing the "big" job..i even went to the union and told them this was crazy that this person was not cut out to be a lineman..his response was " be careful what you say,if you know what i mean"..i was floored..so smelliot my advise to you is don't waste your time..do something that best fit a woman..

7. Default

I say go for it. You should have every right to pursue dream to become a lineman. If you are cute, smell nice, have a nice rack, and will make me homemade chocolate chip cookies, brownies, or bring me muffins everyday, keep the truck cleaned up and the bull room clean, I will be happy to carry you on the crew. Hell you can even be foreman, I will work for you. A ladies touch is exactly what this trade needs.

8. Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mx-5 View Post
    i am 100% against a woman TRYING to be lineman..call me a sexist,that's fine,you are probably right..i have seen a few try this and fail miserably.and i have seen the one's carried through their apprenticeship to go on to be horrible lineman who come up with every excuse to get out of doing the "big" job..i even went to the union and told them this was crazy that this person was not cut out to be a lineman..his response was " be careful what you say,if you know what i mean"..i was floored..so smelliot my advise to you is don't waste your time..do something that best fit a woman..
    I totally get what your sayin MX-5! I know when to quit though. Im certainly not going to allow myself to be a burden to others. I hate carrying people and would expect others feel the same. I WANT the big jobs! If she sucked she should have been sacked! And you shouldn't have been told you couldnt state fact as its not defamatory or false.
    Trying is only a waste of time if you fail. I DONT FAIL. Fear is for people who have something to lose! I'm not one of those people...........so BRING IT! I do appreciate your opinion though, genuinely. Because Im sure youre not the only one that thinks that and as a result if I get placed as a grunt with a lineman like you............I am certain you will make my life a living hell and try to break me. Tell you what ......Ill see you at the linemans rodeo in 3 years!

9. Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    I say go for it. You should have every right to pursue dream to become a lineman. If you are cute, smell nice, have a nice rack, and will make me homemade chocolate chip cookies, brownies, or bring me muffins everyday, keep the truck cleaned up and the bull room clean, I will be happy to carry you on the crew. Hell you can even be foreman, I will work for you. A ladies touch is exactly what this trade needs.
    LOL Miike........Im not sure where to go with that! Lets start with this simple fact.....given I am a woman and a wife I will multi-task the hell outta all that and still have time to do my job and get into the gym! How 'bout that!
    Fun Fact: Im def cute, I smell like freakin roses in the spring, have a nice rack (best money can buy as a matter of fact ), can crack out some homemade chocolate CHUNK cookies AND brownies in UNDER an hour. While yall tuck in I'll go out and clean out your truck in a T-Shirt that reads "If I DONT look busy its because I did it RIGHT the FIRST time!" And THAT is the WIN WIN!

Default Oh good gravey!

Featured Sponsorr

Must I be the one??????

Btw, good luck smelliott!