Thread: Boots...

Default Boots...

Featured Sponsor

Question for anyone out there doin linework, is there a certain type of boot you need for climbing and just work in general? For example, do they have to be "electric shock certified" or something like that and is there a certain type of boot you need for wearing your spurs? I haven't gotten a job yet but I'd just like to be prepared with the proper gear if I do get a call. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 94_sahara View Post
    Question for anyone out there doin linework, is there a certain type of boot you need for climbing and just work in general? For example, do they have to be "electric shock certified" or something like that and is there a certain type of boot you need for wearing your spurs? I haven't gotten a job yet but I'd just like to be prepared with the proper gear if I do get a call. Thanks!

You have an excellant company from your country......Viberg

Quote Originally Posted by Highplains Drifter View Post
    Thanks Drifter! I'm always happy to support a local business. Nice little documentary they have about their workshop too to see the process, looks like quality work.

In the meantime I've got a pair of Terra Aerials, composite toe and electrical shock rated, have a 90 degree heel, would they suffice for a while until I can save up a little more cashola?

http://www.terrafootwear.com/detail....t=136&type=men

What makes a lineboot a lineboot? (What's so special?) Is it that they have a deeper heel so you won't slip outta yer spure?

Quote Originally Posted by 94_sahara View Post
    In the meantime I've got a pair of Terra Aerials, composite toe and electrical shock rated, have a 90 degree heel, would they suffice for a while until I can save up a little more cashola?

http://www.terrafootwear.com/detail....t=136&type=men

What makes a lineboot a lineboot? (What's so special?) Is it that they have a deeper heel so you won't slip outta yer spure?
    steel shank

Quote Originally Posted by wantafastz28 View Post
    steel shank

Not necessarily, most companies use a steel shank…except Whites who use twisted leather for the shank. If you look at the options of the Line Boots you can order a Triple Sole for more support……Whites

Not necessarily, most companies use a steel shank…except Whites who use twisted leather for the shank. If you look at the options of the Line Boots you can order a Triple Sole for more support……Whites
    I hear whites are such a pain to break in?? That's what's annoying with boots, they are soo **** pricey to buy them and try out.... guess im stuck using what I've known works.

Featured Sponsorr

Viberg is an outstanding boot, I just bought my fourth pair (not lineman's, but similar). They're a bit pricey (close to $500 CDN) and they take a bit to break in, but there are tricks to make easier. Keep 'em oiled and you will get several years(3 to 4 +) out of them.