Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Angry journeyman lineman test

Featured Sponsor

iam eligible for my journeyman lineman this month. iam not good with tests iam nervous as hell about this test.iam afraid of failing this test. my hubby isn't real happy about the lineman life,but i love the life and the job!!! iam not getting much moral support,well none really. i have put too much time and effort into this to quit but find myself having doubts,i don't have much self-confidence but am getting better. i know as a GIRL i will have to work a little harder but it's MYdream. i guess i just need some advice and moral support. thanks guys. stay safe my brothers!!! pray iam not doomed to be a ground banger forever.lol

2. Default

hey climber dont worry about the test if you know the work youll do fine if this is what you want to do go for it let nothing stand in your way not even the hubby this is the same advice i give all my apes

x2, if you know the work, just do it. I am not good at tests either I hate them. but just do the work, do it the way you have been taught, and when you make a decision make it with confidence, during my test the lineman and trainers try to make you doubt yourself, stick to what you know, and stick to any decision you make during your test, most of all go with your gut, whatever you do do not second guess yourself, if you want it bad enough, youll get it. and best of luck to ya

4. Default

Thats awesome. Im so happy to hear another woman tryin to be a lineman. I am going to try to start class in Feb for my 600 hours.

How have you made out? Did you take your test yet?

Default Did I rEAD this Right

Are you both talking about electrical lineman or telephone lineman,cable or what.If its electrical thats a new one on me,Ive never seen a female doing it.Personally i think its great,and really interesting.Now if you can lift a 600mcm phase out of a block and place it onto an insulator while in hooks,handle the types of weather that will be involved,you have it made.That is good news knowing this,I wish you both well and congrads,guess we will be calling you sistas now.

Hey, welcome to the site. Tons a folks here happy to help you out with any questions. Is it a written test or oral? If I remember right we had a ton of questions on transformer theory, regulators, reclosers, sectionalizers, capacitors and tons of questions on Tagout/lockout or at my Utility we call it Clearence and Control.

As a Qualified Journeyman you may find yourself in charge of a crew and have to take a clearence on a portion of a distribution or transmission circuit. Thats why we had so many questions on that.

Fire away Sister we'll have you ace that test!

Ummmmmmmm she prolly dun took it. That thread is over a year old. But for any of the rest of ya that have questions Like Groove said there is always someone here that can answer em,Heck sumtimes we even gettem rite.

Default No joke.

<....delete....>
    Last edited by rcdallas; 01-03-2012 at 11:44 PM.

Ummmmmmmm Nah we had one a few years back in Louisiana, I reckon Koga members her. From whut I hurd she wernt half bad.

Featured Sponsorr

I know Alabama Power has had one since at least 1997, and not sure about the other but I know of 2. They are hiring a lot of women there so I'd assume there are well more than just those 2.