Thread: ALBAT Question

Default ALBAT Question

Featured Sponsor

Hey guys I gotta quick question about ALBAT. I had my interview a few weeks ago and ranked #3 outta local 245 OH. Just wondering when might I expect a call to start work.Thanks for any info....... anything will help even if it isn't all good news

2. Default

Did you get into ALBAT?

Default They will figure out eberything.

They got to figure out how to fill their classes? When?. . . You ranked pretty high so what I did was keep your face fresh in everybody's eyes. Go to the hall ask a lot of questions. Ask about the tool packages. Ask about where and how you can get a class A. As soon as you get yourA, everything is alot easier. Getting an A is harder going through the apprenticeship because you have class, books to do, working out of town, the anxiety of just getting into this life. If you can take any course on equipment at a community college, dozer, cat, crane. . . Do it.
    ask questions about boots, belts, tools. . .etc. I showed up the first day and most of my tools were foreign made and they ended up in the river. And dont show up in a Toyota or foreign car, its an insult. Most of Ohio, Indiana and Michigan are blighted by the loss of the union autoworker jobs. And union contractors are.major vendors or were to those plants. Its an insult to being union and an insult to our area.

Default Sign up as groundman when you get your A.

Featured Sponsorr

You will get a lot of experience before an apprenticeship. This life isnt easy. When you get a family they have to sign up for this also. And if your doing it to get into a power company keep it to yourself. It sucks that I pay for training someone and once they top out they go into a power company. If you love pilitics bureaucracy acronyms and safety manuals the size of telephone books then you will love power companies.