Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thumbs down Pike Electric wired for tradgedy

Featured Sponsor

http://archive.fwweekly.com/content.asp?article=3528 is a must read... should be a sticky
    Last edited by topgroove; 12-11-2009 at 04:23 AM.

Reality hurts.

I like the picture of the apprentice wearing his sleeves and leather gloves.

CoServ now pike ?

no I think coserv is a texas co-op. the rest of the article was about pike though.

“He died on the pole. It took them 45 minutes to get his body down.”
    It looks like they don't practice pool top rescue either! What a waste of life!
    National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!

Sad story, Not being mean but there is a lot for the young ones on here to learn from a story like this. Don't let this mans death be a waste learn and be safe. This is serious business.

Take charge of the job if no one else will , get the clearance don't go by hear say.

Test to be sure it's de-energized.

Better tailboard or Job Briefing understand the job.

If you are not trainied or qualified to do the work don't be a hero and give it a try anyway.

Ride a bull if you want to be a cowboy. . .

Just because the forman says do it, it may not be the right thing to do. . . this foreman was not informed.

I didn't see where there was a ground man or someone to preform the rescue, 45 Min is too long as Loodvig said.

It's HOT if it aint grounded!

I'm sure there is more and expect the other older guys to add to it.

the fact of the matter is pike is a killing machine. thet grap young men fresh out of school with very little hot training and in a few short months there in the primary working alone. pike underbids re-conductoring jobs and than pushes crews to get r done without the proper equipment ,training or manpower. when a young lineman gets killed they simpley pay to bury the guy $6,000 bucks and get a fresh body to replace him. Sure osha might fine the company a few dollars which in every case pike appeals and gets the fine reduced. how many more have to die. where is the outrage.

Dressing these young guys up in rubber from head to toe is most of these companies answer to this problem or so they think, as has been shown that does'nt get it either, if there is one thing that I hope these young guys will take away from this thread is if you go to work for a company that does'nt teach Test, Tag,and ground, quit while you still can, things have gotten tricky and you can't take nothing for granted, your life depends on it.

Just wait till these rookies expierence auto reclosing loop schemes with feeder tie reclosers. That'll thin the herd out!

Featured Sponsorr

Worker fatally shocked in Perry County

GLENFORD, OH — A 22-year-old Pike Electrical Contractors employee died as a result of shock Monday, according to the Perry County Sheriff’s Office. Christopher Hall of Logan was working with a Pike Electrical crew replacing poles in the area of 13675 Sand Rock Road when he received an accidental shock. The sheriff’s office was notified of the incident after receiving a call from the South Central Power Company, referencing a subject who had sustained a severe electrical shock. Glenford Fire/EMS were also dispatched to the scene. The incident is being investigated by the sheriff’s office, safety officers from South Central Power Company, Pike Electric and investigators from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).