Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default City of Tallahassee harassment

Featured Sponsor

Some serious shit here. Total harassment of the Apps. and grunts, cussed, humiliated, Brunt of practical jokes. A lineman that hired in three years ago got involved. Spoke up in their defense. First he said something to the ones that were doing it, they ignored him, then he went to the front office. They investigated, not one of the Apps or grunts stood up and said yes this is going on. The lineman is a twenty somethin year Union hand both utilitie and contractor. He has been on their shit list almost from the day he arrived because is big on safety and up to date material and equipment. I don't know why the lineman that are from the city seem to hate this guy so much. really messed up. What should he do?
    Last edited by kitejkoch; 01-07-2010 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kitejkoch View Post
    Some serious shit here. Total harassment of the Apps. and grunts, cussed, humiliated, Brunt of practical jokes. A lineman that hired in three years ago got involved. Spoke up in their defense. First he said something to the ones that were doing it, they ignored him, then he went to the front office. They investigated, not one of the Apps or grunts stood up and said yes this is going on. The lineman is a twenty somethin year Union hand both utilitie and contractor. He has been on their shit list almost from the day he arrived because is big on safety and up to date material and equipment. I don't know why the lineman that are from the city seem to hate this guy so much. really messed up. What should he do?
    Damn... thats a tough spot to be in. Is this FPL? I hate to say it but his best bet may be to try to transfer to a different barn, I don't see the situation getting any better for him and crap like that can really wear on someone .

top,

I believe the City of Tallahassee is a Municipal.

Quote Originally Posted by WCLR View Post
    top,

I believe the City of Tallahassee is a Municipal.
    Bummer it probebly the only barn they have. Being a small Muni this guy is screwed. Its a gang mentality at those outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by topgroove View Post
    Bummer it probebly the only barn they have. Being a small Muni this guy is screwed. Its a gang mentality at those outfits.
    Kind of like this place.

6. Default its the nature of the business

i was told way back when,that reason lineman do this is to weed people out.as lineman we all are thick skinned,because this is a rough trade,there is no H.R. department here.if you get under someone skin ,or they get to mad,why would put them in the air.its was part of becoming a lineman.not a wineman

Default Wineman??

Let me explain something so you mite understand the ramifications of this hazing. This same crew was splicing some 556 ACSR transmission. The men in the bucket doing the splice said that the sleeve didn't appear right. They were dumb ass's," it's the right goddamn die do your ****ing job like you are told!" Well guess what,,, IT WASN'T. First cold snap in the weather the line drew up and the line came down!!!! Because someone didn't want to be **** with for asking a stupid question.

Thumbs down

Let me explain something so you mite understand the ramifications of this hazing. This same crew was splicing some 556 ACSR transmission. The men in the bucket doing the splice said that the sleeve didn't appear right. They were dumb ass's," it's the right goddamn die do your ****ing job like you are told!" Well guess what,,, IT WASN'T. First cold snap in the weather the line drew up and the line came down!!!! Because someone didn't want to be **** with for asking a stupid question.

I guess there are several ways to look at that situation. I myself in that scenario have boomed down, packed my tools and drug. No need to work with dumb and dumber. Now to me as a Journeyman Lineman, I would never press a sleeve with the wrong set of dies even if I was told to. I have no respect for any lineman that knowing builds a trap for the next lineman to work that job. But something like that could have caused death or bodily harm to John Q Public. The wire could have fallen on someone walking or driving under, it was cold when the wire went down and I wonder how many senior citizens got cold and sat in the dark because of a ball less person that thinks he is and wants to be a lineman.

So who are you?
    It's pretty hard to give advice to someone, when all you know is one side of a second hand story from, who?
    The victim?
    Another apprentice in yard?
    The yard bird?

Featured Sponsorr

Who he is doesn't matter, particularly if there's a chance it may be the person on the receiving end of the trouble.

I've seen this in the past in both forms. The person who genuinely gets picked on routinely by others who are scared in case they get picked on themselves, or in some instances just a whiner who digs his own hole.

In the former case it is just plain simple bullying and unfortunately there is sometimes nothing you can do about it without being a "scab". In those instances it's just better to move on. Many moons ago I was on a job where two co-workers were drinking and snorting cocaine at work. This inevitably left me with not just most of the work, but a lot of cleaning up of their drug induced f*ck-ups. The job management started phoning the job every day and demanding to speak to them, and initially I kept covering for them, until one day when I'd just had enough and told them about the drinking. They were pulled up about it and then proceeded to initiate a hate campaign against me in a company where I had enjoyed working for many years. In the end the only way I could escape the bad atmosphere was to leave.

Years later it all came out in the open that I was the innocent party in that case, but by then it was too late and I'd moved on. And quite frankly, that was a good thing.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com