Thread: Dammit!

Default Dammit!

Featured Sponsor

Don't it just hack you off when someone you despise does well?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Mike Dorning

updated 11:58 a.m. CT, Fri., April 9, 2010
    It's never easy to separate politics from policy, and the past 18 months have only increased the degree of difficulty. The U.S. has been through a historic financial crisis followed by a historic election and a series of historic federal gambles — from bailing out AIG and GM to passing a $787 billion stimulus and a $940 billion health-care reform bill. All that risk has made policy more complicated and politics more fraught ("You lie," "Baby killer").

A Bloomberg national poll in March found that Americans, by an almost 2-to-1 margin, believe the economy has gotten worse rather than better during the past year. The Market begs to differ. While President Obama's overall job approval rating has fallen to a new low of 44 percent, according to a CBS News Poll, down five points from late March, the judgment of the financial indexes has turned resoundingly positive. The Standard & Poor's 500-stock index is up more than 74 percent from its recessionary low in March 2009. Corporate bonds have been rallying for a year. Commodity prices have surged. International currency markets have been bullish on the dollar for months, raising it by almost 10 percent since Nov. 25 against a basket of six major currencies. Housing prices have stabilized. Mortgage rates are low. "We've had a phenomenal run in asset classes across the board," says Dan Greenhaus, chief economic strategist for Miller Tabak + Co., an institutional trading firm in New York. "If Obama was a Republican, we would hear a never-ending drumbeat of news stories about markets voting in favor of the President.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is from Business Week by the way.
    Last edited by wtdoor67; 04-09-2010 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Cause.

Featured Sponsorr

I hear ya bro. I gained back every thing I lost and than some from 07- 08
    If Obama is that bad I 'm hoping for six more years of this misery