Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default City Of Austin Texas Electric

Featured Sponsor

Moving to texas and I'm looking into this company. Does anyone know anyone that works or have worked for them? If so please inbox me I have many questions. Thank you all and be safe.

Southern Indiana is home. But I work all over.

Hey brother.. Last time I talked to you you were goin out west SRP wasnt it? check PMs

Default Texas electric

I think Texas electric is a Rat outfit
    IF YOU AIN'T IN YOUR TOOLS DON'T CHANGE THE RULES...BOYCOTT THE BUCKSQEEZE

Austin Energy is one of them outfits thats only great if you dive under the boss' desk and dont think twice about hittin your head while your down there..

They do hate Pike though so thats a plus.. But with the purchase of Shaw EDS by Pike they were on Austins property when I left Texas..

I bleve most if not all outfits in Austin are non union. Wages are suppressed and yer spozta be happy kause its such a great and diverse place to live and raise kids. Last I heard groceries, housing, and other necessities are no different,while theres plenty of work for everyone albeit rat labor with poor benefits and zero security.

Theres better places to go and hopefully I can get NJ in touch with some of my connections out west.

Hey Swamp.. Austin really is a shit place to work.. Most the folks there stay and put up with the crap cause for some reason or another they can't travel. Its kinda like Duke and Pike in North Carolina.. They go hand in hand and pretty much have the market cornered there except for the very few contractors that are worse than Austin..

Your absolutely correct every place has their goods and bads some more than others. I was actually on the Austin Property workin thats where my opinion comes from. Theres plenty of better places really close to Austin to work. Thats the point Im gettin at.

In the Austin area I would look into NBU and GVEC. T&NMP isnt too bad either but they are around houston and extreme west texas and new mexico.

I once interviewed at Austin Energy... personally I liked what I saw... I decided somewhere else...

There's another cat on here that once worked for tex mex, maybe he'll chime in on them.

Featured Sponsorr

Swamp the reason I said what I did about Austin is not because its non union although it is.......... The point I was trying to make was that there are far better places to work, raise kids, own a home, etc etc.Lets face facts money is the single greatest reason to work anywhere for most.. and its Not even in the equation in Austin Texas..... In fact wages are kinda depressed everwhere in the south union or non. Further west or north ya go the better they are, but ya hafta put up with some fer crap weather one way and some fer crap people the other.