Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Default Most Boring Job!!!

Featured Sponsor

Hey Everyone, some people may really like sitting in the truck most of the day and getting paid but myself going from 60-70 hours a week on transmission to 5-8s doing disconnects and reconnects for money sucking welfare recipients> Sucks Big time. I havent been around long but I sure miss the go go go aspect of transmission and hope i dont get bad habits from this job. And from my caluculations working on this job until christmas doing the same thing over and over is not teaching me very much in the contruction side of the trade. Im just looking to be well rounded in all aspects.
    Just wondering if anyone else has ever had a job that was completly and uderly brain numbing?

i worked in a sugar mill awhile my job was to take one pound bags that did not seal properly and cut them open and dump the sugar into a 55 gallon drum.

why not use your free time studying three phase theory. I never get bored... knowledge is everything .

Quote Originally Posted by loner View Post
    i worked in a sugar mill awhile my job was to take one pound bags that did not seal properly and cut them open and dump the sugar into a 55 gallon drum.
    Sweet!
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    I cleaned out Movie theaters...after the shows were over. That was really "interesting"...the stuff you would find.
    Are you saying you were a jizzmopper?

For a couple of years I was a male model. The pay was ok. the girls were great! But the actual mechanics of the job were tedious. "Look this way." "Look that way." "Can you open your shirt a little more?"

Ashton Kutcher gets real boring after awhile.

when i was in college i spent a summer moving sprinkler pipe,9 hours a day,6 days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by returntotheeve View Post
    For a couple of years I was a male model. The pay was ok. the girls were great! But the actual mechanics of the job were tedious. "Look this way." "Look that way." "Can you open your shirt a little more?"

Ashton Kutcher gets real boring after awhile.

HA... I've had a few of you "Barbie doll Kens" on my crews.

I'll be damned if they weren't always on them swampy ROW's... seems they never saw the humor in it, like the rest of us did.
    " you have to walk the ROW in front of the Muskeg to make sure we don't pick up a log and throw a track".

HA HA

LOL! Northernap, I think they are giving you some extra time to make it interesting.

I'm too busy to be bored at work. But, then....I'm not in your trade!

Featured Sponsorr