Default Girl kidnapped what is up with Americans

Featured Sponsor

Watching the news tonight and they show a teenage girl leaving a Target talking on her cell phone in the daylight walking past a van. Three guys jump out and grab her and drag her backwards about 75' toward the van. She is kicking and screaming as they pass a women also leaving the store. Another person gets out of the van thats parked in front of Target and now 4 people are forcing this kid into the van. No one stopped to help.....they all just walked by. They have no idea what happened to this girl. What is wrong with today society???? A freaking mini van, not a head banger car with tinted windows that look like thugs would be inside with a gun. I would have tried to help..........I hope she is Ok. A few weeks ago I pulled a teenage girl out of car who hit a pole in a turn in a down pour. She was hanging out of the backwindow the car was crushed into the drivers seat from the passenger side. No one stopped, I almost got hit trying to stop, I thought she was parked in the grass, she was hanging out screaming begging for help, I had my 11 year old daughter with me on the side of the road pulling the girl out of the car, a guy finally stopped to help, it was pouring I am yelling at my daughter to get out of the road get in the peoples grass. Finally people came out of the house. They called 911 we waited for the paramedics. She kept crying no one stopped to help her. A women took my daughter off into the grass where she wouldnt get hurt. We had been grocery shopping waiting for the down pour to end, decided to get soaked. My daughter cried on the way home, she couldnt understand why no one stopped to help her. I told her its the way your raised.....you are being raised to help people and do whats right. I told her I would never want someone to ride past your while your pinned in a car. I got a thank you letter, phone call and flowers from that girl. I am so glad we stopped....by the way she was on 34.5 pole and the stupid fireman were trying to pull her car off the pole while the paramedics were under the wire....dah.

Default I think.

It was resolved. The news said she was po'd because her family was moving out of state and she didn't want to go. However someone probably should have given assistance right away regardless.

There is a psychology behind this. I forgot the term for this but it has to do with group settings. In a group or what is considered a group, yes neighborhoods, people are more reluctant to step up because "someone else" will or should be there to help. It's someone elses job even. But when faced with a one on one emergency people are more likely to assist because they realize they are the only ones around to administer help.

Ever see someone acting up in a group setting? Theres usually a pause, no one speaks up, but when one person finally does everyone else feels more at ease to speak up. Its hilarious.

It is a shame that people don't help each other more.
    Its all fear based. Most of our human emotions are all fear based. Why didn't the woman stop to help the kidnapped girl? It wasn't because she wasn't physically able, if it was a twenty dollar bill blowing across the parking lot she surely would have gone after it!

Good for you for not being afraid to help your fellow man, or woman. I feel its your duty as a human to do so.

Default Well.

I could probably do that help yo feller man stuff except fur wun guy on diss forem. Ah cane rmember whut hiiss nim iss. Seam lak he cane spel fu shet tho. I do no he iss a suk but tho. Ha, ha, ha.

Cool Seinfeld

The whole Seinfeld crew got one year in jail for not helping.

Default sued

Everyone is worried about being sued, which I can understand. I saw a teenager get launched into the fence at a horse show, same thing, no one helped, the EMT was alone, very heavy and hoping she go up. I climbed the fence and started to help her, he eventually made his way down and said he had no clue what to do for a possible back injury?? People from my barn were saying dont help you could get sued. I am cerfified through NESAR so I do carry tags. I just turn to them and say, "If this was your child would you let her lie here" The girl had a ruptured spleen and they had to fly her our by medvac and she was OK......people really suck today. I saw another nutty kid tie a horse she did not know around her waist by the lead rope, something scared it and off she went being drug tied to the horse (here's your sign) everyone stared as she got stomped on...I was the only one that helped her, no EMT's at this show. I always worry if something happens to my child and she is alone are people going to just walk right by......drives me crazy....remember the campain....."Do the right thing".

Default Good Samaritan Laws.

Featured Sponsorr

These laws help somewhat. Each states is probably somewhat different. I noticed in most of Europe you can get in trouble by not helping.