Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by CPOPE View Post
    cutting the down ground was an old school thing. not smart to do if cutting a mov arrester or xfmr tank ground you can get bit. I do not advise cutting down grounds as a rule, opinions are like a holes. mov's always draw a bit of current so when or if down lead is cut you've got full line potential on it.
    True.....but some common sense is involved here...........such as when xfmr's/banks are involved and left Hot when working the pole.............usually if arrestors were involved, we killed them out
    Old Lineman Never Die......We Just Don't Raise Our Booms As Often

Default 639 think before you cut a down ground

Featured Sponsorr

Agreed, some common knowledge is required here, Don't go around cutting down grounds, Put up an EPZ band at your feet and connect it to the neutral. The Pre-Apprentice dude is heading your advice and cutting down grounds. My opinion, just a not so smart move if there is a ground on the pole bond it to the system neutral and put up a pole grounding band at the neutral gain. If it is not a arrester ground or not a transformer ground I suppose you could lift it but why would you ever want to. Like I said opinions are like A holes put the more grounds out there the better. Don't cut em.

For what it's worth...........